Power Mic recommendations Alinco dx10

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
original45
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 45

Power Mic recommendations Alinco dx10

Post by original45 »

Stock microphone very poor in my opinion, too quiet and flimsy mic ,terrible flex . Looking for some real punchy audio.
Today I fitted the densei 2002 power echo ,sounds nice but not quite the big puch I thought it would be and the audio is turned up to highest in the radio although somewhat louder with the 2002.

I keep reading the kpo is recommended on ss 6900 but will it be shall we say louder than such as the densai 2002
Really don't wish to be wasting 25-£30 a shot to find a nice sounding fist mic with louder audio levels so value the opinion of those who trod here befrer.

Thank you
astradyne

Re: Power Mic recommendations Alinco dx10

Post by astradyne »

The K-PO NM532 is a very good mic which suits a whole host of radio's. Good strong audio and built to a good quality. An excellent budget mic.
Never, ever, ever....bloody anything ever!

Far too many radio's to list here. But I do own a legal one...
original45
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by original45 »

Thank you for the reply. It does seem a popular microphone for modern radios like the 6900 crt so on.

I have one in my watch list now but have a further question before i commit if someone can help.
Contacted a reputable store and they advise the kpo they sell is compatible and wired 6 pin for alinco however can't say it will work on the Jackson 11 without rewire ?

I know my Jacko power mic works both here but does anyone know if their is a reason the kpo won't potentially unless rewired.
Thank you again
astradyne

Post by astradyne »

Unless the seller will fit an appropriate plug wired up for your radio it will simply be a case of rewiring the mic to suit. As modern radio's receive with no microphone connected you'll only need to connect three of the wires from the cable. A quick and easy job.

Here's one on ebay with a 6 pin plug fitted.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400986470447
Never, ever, ever....bloody anything ever!

Far too many radio's to list here. But I do own a legal one...
original45
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by original45 »

Astra thank you now sorted .
Thanks again for input