RM KL-503 Fault.

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
Tim
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26AT239

RM KL-503 Fault.

Post by Tim »

Purchased one of these brand new 2 years ago from a certain Cornish radio equipment seller and found it had a fault so I contacted him to get it either repaired, refunded or replaced, he preferred the repair option but, instead of me returning it to him, he wanted me to send it to somewhere else that has Moon in the name, I wanted to know why he wanted me to send it to them?, he was the retailer so he was responsible for sorting it out surely but all I got was fudge. I did send it to where he suggested, he would not even pay the postage, tight git, together with a note explaining the fault, they kept it on the shelf for 3 months and I had to chase it up, they said that they were waiting for it to come back from RM, it turned up about a week later. The amp came back exactly as it was originally, with the same fault. Not only did the guy/trader I purchased it from screw me over but so did them that I sent it to, they obviously lied and did not send it to RM or even had a look at it, so they screwed me over as well, as a consequence I shall never deal with either of these screwdrivers ever again. Anyway, on to the fault which is, power feed from an adequate power supply, putting 10W into the amp, what comes out is a rather raspy, broken audio on any of the 6 output positions. Any ideas chaps?
Crackle
Regular
Regular

Re: RM KL-503 Fault.

Post by Crackle »

Reduce the input power to 6w and see if it is better.
Edd200sx
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: RM KL-503 Fault.

Post by Edd200sx »

10w on ssb?

You might want to do the recommendation mods which are available on google

They warble pretty good as a rule
DELETE MY ACCOUNT