Alan Midland 78 Plus d80 - 400 channels unlock

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
Gogo111
Registered New User
Registered New User

Alan Midland 78 Plus d80 - 400 channels unlock

Post by Gogo111 »

Hello to everyone. I have registered here in hope to get an answer - I have purchased recently an Alan Midland 78 plus d80, a german version of the Alan Midland 78, with 80 FM and 12 AM channels. I am now desperately looking for a way to unlock it to 400 ch. :?

Half of the google searches are expired links, most forums have no more photos of this mod... I have only found the pdf for the new version (with the blue backlight and OPT jumpers), but I have the older orange backlit version without these jumpers. {bnghd}

I am posting hi-res photos of my CB rig in hope of getting an answer. Perhaps somebody has this mod still in his head, to tell me what to do.

Thank you very much in advance&greetings from Croatia.

73, Gogo :mrgreen:

Link to my google drive folder containing photos:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kmN8N ... 1ZhHv7Moha
14CS06
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Alan Midland 78 Plus d80 - 400 channels unlock

Post by 14CS06 »

Hello

Disassemble the 6 cover fixing screws
Locate the CPU circuit REF MAXON 2204446 8913 5DA3
Remove the 4 solder points at the bottom of the CPU (antenna side station towards you)
Make a reset of the CPU CAUTION with the power off, make a short circuit between the first leg of the CPU and the earth (front panel facing you)

From https://spectrum26.pagesperso-orange.fr/

@+
Claude
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Photo Collector CB RADIO
14CS06
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by 14CS06 »

Hello

con semplici operazioni é possibile espandere la banda frequenza coperta dall alan 78 plus
aprire l apparto dal lato delle saldature ( coperchio senza altoparlante)
individuare sul circuito stampato il punto di intervento per la modifica facendo riferimento alla disposizione dei componenti
dissaldare i due punti accertandosi che le piazzole rimangano benisolate tra loro
sempre ad apparato spento cortortocircuitare i piedini del microprocessore con un filo metalico in questo modosi ottiene un reset immediato
richiudere l apparecchio
la modifica è terminata ora l alan 78 plus èin grado su 400 canali suddivisi in dieci bande contrassegnate con lettere dalla A alla L (indicazione sul display a fianco del numero di canale)
la banda D è qella corrispondente ai 40 canali omologati

with simple operations it is possible to expand the frequency band covered by the alan 78 plus
open the unit from the side of the welds (cover without speaker)
locate on the printed circuit the intervention point for the modification referring to the arrangement of the components
unsolder the two points making sure that the pitches remain well insulated from each other
always with the equipment off, short circuit the microprocessor feet with a metal wire, in this way you get an immediate reset
close the appliance
the modification is now complete the alan 78 plus is capable of 400 channels divided into ten bands marked with letters from A to L (indication on the display next to the channel number)
the D band is that corresponding to the 40 approved channels

@+
Claude
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Photo Collector CB RADIO
PapaNovember
Registered New User
Registered New User

Post by PapaNovember »

Hello!

Thank you very much for this post. The modification was successful. :thumbup:

73 my friend.

Álvaro