Team Minicom bands issue

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
Mudslinger
Legend
Legend

Team Minicom bands issue

Post by Mudslinger »

My brother has just give me a nearly new Team Minicom (same as CRT One N) and I am having an issue with it.

I cannot get it to go into UK muppet channel mode. I have set it into the UK setting, and you are supposed to press the RFG button (as per instruction manual) for 2 seconds to get it to change to muppet channels but it won't have it.

All I can get in UK mode is EU band AM/FM

Has anyone else had this issue with one of these?

Personally I am not a fan of this radio as it is too fiddly to operate, especially for those with arthritic fingers and positvely dangerous to try and use whilst driving due to the mulpiple button presses required to adjust things like the squelch.
Mudslinger - Simon
26TM274
26CT612

There is no such thing as a Fidelity 1000 which is too good to scrap.

Mudslinger
Legend
Legend

Re: Team Minicom bands issue

Post by Mudslinger »

Update, managed to get it to work.

Still not a massive fan of the radio though, it's small size is more of a gimmick than a practical benefit I think.
Mudslinger - Simon
26TM274
26CT612

There is no such thing as a Fidelity 1000 which is too good to scrap.

The Collector
Legend
Legend

Re: Team Minicom bands issue

Post by The Collector »

You can't beat a good old Realistic TRC-1001 or Binatone Longranger 40. Their 5ft aerials get you out the furthest.
They're very hard to mislay too seeing as they're almost the size of a breezeblock ;)