Someone talking nonsense (to himself?) on S20 in North West England

A place to discuss all aspects of amateur radio operation.
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: Someone talking nonsense (to himself?) on S20 in North West England

Post by Werthers »

Tim wrote: 01 Jan 2020, 09:41 It's the same on 11 meters, loads of operators chatting on T5 for a couple of hours and when politely asked to QSY all you get back is a mouthful of abuse and very colourful language, they think that just because the band is quiet that there's no-one else on. What has happened to radio etiquette, good manners and respect for others? No wonder radio communication seems to be dying.
Radio is dying because nobody is willing to do anything about. ;)

The abusers can abuse all they want on 11 meters because its not regulated plus its not exactly busy so plenty of frequencies on 11 meters FM/AMSSB what ever mode you desire, its a free for all band plus ofcom could not care less about 11 meters, it doesn't exist as far as they are concerned the problem is when the low life's start causing problems on the amateur bands. There is a lot of money and work that goes in to the Amateur radio hobby but yet nobody can organize a team to clean up the bands by tracking those down who abuse the bands, instead people just complain doing nothing about it except for throwing more money into the hobby with setting up more repeaters.
mr_m3

Post by mr_m3 »

I mean i think a circuit like this will make many sparks and much QRM if placed near a receiving antenna, i may build one and test how close is required :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
26TM069
M3UBO-----> 2E0FML---->2E0PUC
JohnB57
Call Sign: G0SJB

Post by JohnB57 »

Werthers wrote: 01 Jan 2020, 22:17 Radio is dying because nobody is willing to do anything about (it)...

...There is a lot of money and work that goes in to the Amateur radio hobby but yet nobody can organize a team to clean up the bands by tracking those down who abuse the bands, instead people just complain doing nothing about it except for throwing more money into the hobby with setting up more repeaters.
Have you done anything about it or are you just complaining but doing nothing?
Tim
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26AT239

Post by Tim »

We as operators and radio users have no more powers to do anything about these idiots than those that are supposed to be officially in place to do so, the only thing we can try to do is to educate them in the error of their ways or just try and ignore them, both unfortunately may have no affect as their intellect and lack of brain cells prevent anything getting through. Although I don't condone it, it may come down to those that are in close enough proximity to these waste of space idiots to take matters into their own hands.
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Werthers »

JohnB57 wrote: 02 Jan 2020, 19:11
Werthers wrote: 01 Jan 2020, 22:17 Radio is dying because nobody is willing to do anything about (it)...

...There is a lot of money and work that goes in to the Amateur radio hobby but yet nobody can organize a team to clean up the bands by tracking those down who abuse the bands, instead people just complain doing nothing about it except for throwing more money into the hobby with setting up more repeaters.
Have you done anything about it or are you just complaining but doing nothing?
Yes I've been working on a few things to tackle the issues with a very small team of Essex Hams but not many people seem to be interested. There is only so much that can be done I guess... if the abusers get rumbled then generally I think that would be enough for them to think twice.
DistantSignal

Post by DistantSignal »

This guy has been on all evening!
DX-Digger
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: TM205

Post by DX-Digger »

Listen Alan M1DCG has been at it for years, and contrary to what you may think is actually a very clever guy.
Sadly he had a mental break down and has attempted suicide a few times, and has become an alchoholic, it is for this reason that many do not do anything even the RSGB and Ofcom.
You will notice he does not get on the repeaters, probably because he knows causing interference to a radio repeater is infact a criminal offence.
Apparently he is not in breach of his licence conditions, he does infact give his callsign so there is very little that can be done.
Your best option is to ignore him and leave him to it. If you dont acknowledge him and react to him you dont give him what he craves, attention.
As radio hams we have access to many different frequencies so I for one never monitor or use S20 I honestly dont see the point.
I bet his liver isnt far off failing now, and he is turning a shade of yellow. I have seen it before in others who have sadly passed away, (Not Radio hams).
Once they get addicted to alchohol they either get on the wagon if encouraged enough, or just drink themselves to death.
Like I have said he is a very clever guy who has sadly lost his way. Leave him be and spin your dial to another frequency or band.
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
Ant
Call Sign: 26TM718

Post by Ant »

Crusader wrote: 17 Dec 2019, 02:27 The lunatic on S20 was indeed M1DCG, he is an alcoholic cretin who likes to attention seek waffling inane dribble for hours on end, he also goes on CB steaming drunk off his head doing the same act on channel 19, his handle is "Screwdriver" on there, quite apt when he has a screw loose. :crazy:

He has been reported to OFCOM & the RSGB etc on numerous occasions yet nothing ever happens & it seems the locals won't do anything either as the loon has his house all camera'd up with CCTV.

Also he is just down the road from the local & current RSGB President who also runs most of the Northwest Repeaters who you would think would get something done fast about this cretin.

It just needs some Big lads to go around there to sort him out, but that does not seem like it is ever going to happen as this has been going on for years now.

The hobby is on its arse because of Pond Life like this being allowed to get away with it for so long,another reason why the airwaves are getting quieter & quieter more & more (especially on 2 Meters).

The fact of the matter is you can behave however you want on air be it Amateur Radio or CB Radio now-a-days & nobody is going to apprehend or confiscate your equipment as the authorities no longer get revenue from license fee's & their staff are so thin on the ground because of this, so unless you are interfering with Broadcast Radio Stations who pay ludicrous amounts of money to be on air then nothing is ever going to happen & those that act up on both Amateur Radio & CB Radio are more than aware of this hence why they act like they do as they know that they can get away with it. {bnghd}

Sad, very Sad :(
Years ago when I had my CB set up nearer London, there was a raving lunatic on there, also using the handle Screwdriver.
Shack, noun, a small building, usually made of wood or metal, that has not been built well - Oxford Dictionary
A shack (or, less often, shanty) is a type of small, often primitive shelter or dwelling - Wikipedia

Licence - British spelling
License - American spelling