Hytera PD785

A place to discuss all aspects of amateur radio operation.
Metradio
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: G7HID

Re: Hytera PD785

Post by Metradio »

I used to run a group for modifying and programming the Motorola HT600E, MT6000E and MTS2000 ex Police radios..

Mike
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600.
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot.
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPY on ARD V1.

Whistler WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q / UBCD3600XLT / WTR Browser.
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Werthers »

That group sounds like fun I wish radio clubs would run groups like that, there is the Essex skills night but thats a bit out the way for me to get to. I used to work on all kinds of Motorola PMR stuff another favorite of mine were the Tait radios including the earlier versions like the Tait T500 radios which were controlled by a diode matrix board, there were also mods you could do to turn the 2 channel radios into 100 channel radios. The T500's weren't particularly good looking radios but they worked beautifully. I had a few old junky non working 40 channel FM CB radios that were large enough to house the guts from a Tait T500 radio and with the channel mod you could reuse the CB's channel selector. They kept me busy and were great fun projects.
Metradio
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Metradio »

Moved on to DMR a few years ago..

Mike

Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Werthers »

Some say DMR is witchcraft or isn't real radio :D

I'm planning on getting into DMR myself once I get my Hytera radio sorted. I'll still be working some analog on 2/70 PMR446 and 4 meters. I may work 3cm if I can get a rig sorted for that band.
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Werthers »

So I've been learning more about slots and talk groups training my brain. My programming cable should arrive within the next 2 or 3 weeks and my next step will be to apply for a DMR I.D and upload a Digital copy of my Ham license and then to get around the passwords of the CPS "if any" but if all fails with not being able to get into the radio I'm sure somebody at my local radio club could help me out.
Metradio
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Metradio »

If you do a search, most Hytera's had default passwords from the factory..

Mike

moj

Post by moj »

I doubt it will be the 88888888 and if it isn't then your going to have fun trying to crack it , i was the guy who bypassed mine but it was a right nightmare and a long night of testing and the newer the fw the more secure etc ;)
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Werthers »

My programming cable arrived today from China :) I haven't attempted to play with it yet. Apart of me is excited I'll think I'll hold on to my excitement for a couple days tho as I have a feeling I'm going to get the dreaded password issue which I've heard it can be sorted with a firmware flash but unsure of how accurate that information is.

I have been working out what stuff to program into my radios such as 70cm digital repeaters and simplex frequencies and some digital and analog PMR frequencies.

I've also got some nice tones to put on the Hytera PD785 which I found on another forum which is the Sepura Open Tone and the Sepura Close Tone.

Here is a video I found
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw6sfRvWsSo

Edit: I decided to try program the radio now, well first off I can not find a working USB driver for the Hytera PD785 I've downloaded a few from various sites that either are empty zip files, incomplete or give me errors or just don't do anything at all.

I tried reading the radio without the USB driver but it says select a port with no port options to select so I guess I need the USB driver before I can do anything.
Last edited by Werthers on 21 Sep 2019, 17:14, edited 2 times in total.
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Werthers »

moj wrote: 12 Sep 2019, 23:09 I doubt it will be the 88888888 and if it isn't then your going to have fun trying to crack it , i was the guy who bypassed mine but it was a right nightmare and a long night of testing and the newer the fw the more secure etc ;)
How did you manage to bypass yours?
Metradio
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Metradio »

From memory the drivers are included with the firmware packages..

Mike

Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Werthers »

Metradio wrote: 21 Sep 2019, 18:05 From memory the drivers are included with the firmware packages..

Mike
So I've probably been downloading the wrong files... what firmware do I need?

I've downloaded version 7 of the CPS but I'm not able to select any ports in the drop down menu. I tried another CPS which is version 2 just to see if I can read the radio but I can only select com port 1 and my programming cable is USB.

I have firmware version A3.05.10.001 currently on the radio.

Do I need a firmware cable to upgrade the firmware or can I use my standard USB programming cable?

Do you have any links too any Hytera software?

At this point in time I'm just looking for anything that works so that I can at least attempt to read from the radio with my USB cable.

I'm going to download V9.00.09.200 IM EMS CPS if that fails to install or doesn't work I'll try give the DMR SW CPS V8.06.01.017 EMS a try.

I'll just download and try them all.

Update: So I've installed both V9.00.09.200 and V8.06.01.017
Up on installation it gave me the option to install the USB driver so I went ahead and did that, however I've still got the problem of not being able to select a communication port in the drop down menu. I really don't know what else I can do at this point {bnghd} other than seeing if I can research the problem.

Here's a photo of the issue I'm having with the CPS
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
moj

Post by moj »

it sounds like you need the chinese prolific driver that came with the cable before your going to go any further, i think only then will you prob have the usb port menu appear ..
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Werthers »

As far as I know the cable is just a standard cable with no chip, the chip itself is inside the Hytera radio if thats what the Chinese prolific driver refers to.

It seems to be a problem with the CPS itself even though the USB driver is installed maybe the CPS versions I've downloaded are missing the communication port options which is the only thing that makes sense, however there aren't any others to download that I can find, I think I've tried them all.

I'll have another bash at it tomorrow, I'll try the CPS software on another computer to see if that makes any difference but I have the feeling it wont.

There's gotta be something I'm missing.
moj

Post by moj »

if i was you i'd try the older version of the software like version 7 first and did you install the hytera usb driver download that you get when downloading the cps etc ?
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Werthers »

moj wrote: 22 Sep 2019, 00:04 if i was you i'd try the older version of the software like version 7 first and did you install the hytera usb driver download that you get when downloading the cps etc ?
I tried the CPS Version 7 to start with but had the same problem with no communication ports shown. The USB driver has to be installed separately for the CPS version 7. I then tried the USB drivers but they would either be empty zip files or fail to install so I went with CPS version 8 and also tried CPS version 9 which gives you the option to install the USB driver with the CPS upon installation.