Hytera PD785

A place to discuss all aspects of amateur radio operation.
moj

Re: Hytera PD785

Post by moj »

personallyfrom what you have said i think you have a dodgy cheap cable and need to try another one first ;)
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Werthers »

moj wrote: 22 Sep 2019, 00:36 personallyfrom what you have said i think you have a dodgy cheap cable and need to try another one first ;)
I don't see how that has anything to do with the cable. The problem is the CPS does not have any options to select a port such as USB 1, USB 2, USB 3 USB 4, COM 1 COM 2.

There is nothing available to select.
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Werthers »

I tried to install the USB driver and I've followed the instructions but all the USB drivers I've downloaded do not install. At this point in time it has nothing to do with the cable.

The main goal is to find a working USB driver that installs. The files online that I have tried are a few years old and do not work anymore.

I'm just going around in circles.

Unless I can find somebody who has the appropriate software I need, I'll just have to have to cut my losses with the Hytera PD785. There is no point in chucking anymore money at this problematic junk without having a working USB driver.

Thanks everybody for your help and taking the time to reply its been much appreciated :)
Metradio
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: G7HID

Post by Metradio »

I have not played with Hytera kit for a few years now, so I can't give specifics, all I can say is not all programming cables for Hytera's are equal..

Mike
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600.
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot.
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPY on ARD V1.

Whistler WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q / UBCD3600XLT / WTR Browser.
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Werthers »

The thing is, I'm not at the stage to where I can read from the radio yet. I'm at the stage where I need a USB driver to work meaning to actually install on the computer. Without a device driver the computer isn't going to recognize the radio and the CPS wont see any ports.

The USB drivers I've tried like the V5.30.41.0 are not compatible with Windows 7 they only run under Windows XP 32 bit which I just found out. I don't have any computers running Windows XP.
Metradio
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Metradio »

I still have an old 386 to play with old Motorola kit somewhere...
I think it is time to move up to more modern radio kit..

Mike

moj

Post by moj »

that's strange cause i used the driver's fine on win 7 on my hytera ! also only usb 1 appears when i use the cps software , will take a pic if i can workout how to send it on here :)
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Werthers »

Update... I just got the USB driver to install, I did exactly the same thing and used the same driver but on another computer running Windows 7 and success :D now that the USB driver is installed on to the next stage.

The CPS now see's USB1

I get "Read the radio information error" so the next stage will be upgrading the firmware.

Clearly the computer I originally tried it on was the problem.
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Werthers »

That's as far as I can get now. The radio is password protected on read/write just as I suspected. I'm happy I got through the first stage anyway, theres not much more I can do unless somebody knows a way around the passwords.

If anybody near me can help me sort out this radio then there's a free boxed SS 9900, 10 Meter AM/FM/SSB radio in it for them.
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Werthers »

moj wrote: 12 Sep 2019, 23:09 I doubt it will be the 88888888 and if it isn't then your going to have fun trying to crack it , i was the guy who bypassed mine but it was a right nightmare and a long night of testing and the newer the fw the more secure etc ;)
I tried the 88888888 but it it didn't work. Thats the problem with secondhand PD785's the main problem is you only get a limited amount of tries before the radio is locked. I'll try a few old tricks but will need a file to load into the CPS to see if I can then write to the radio but its very likely there will be a write password on the radio as well. What I could do with is something that can wipe off all the old data from the radio setting it back to factory default.
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Werthers »

I've just been digging out some radio bits and found my UHF frequency counter to see what frequencies the PD785 is on, the frequency counter is a bit iffy it doesn't always give an accurate read out but better than nothing. The analog channels seem to be on 449MHz but as for the Digital channels I can't get a good enough read out it jumps from 417MHz to 420MHz to 430MHz.

I need to buy a new frequency counter or see if the old one can be serviced but 449MHz on Analog isn't to bad. I've got my Baofeng UV5R on charge so I'll see if I can do some back to back tests to see if they can communicate with each other on 449MHz and if so the PD785 might not be so useless after all.
moj

Post by moj »

Have you got teamviewer on your win 7 pc and if so If you inbox me your details I will connect from this end and see if it will allow me to do anything ?
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Werthers »

I've not ever used Teamviewer but I'll sort out another computer to download it onto later.

I managed to repair my UHF frequency counter this morning so I'll be able to find out exactly what frequencies that Hytera is on, I wont test it now I'll wait until this evening once the 449 frequencies are not being used. If the Hytera is on U.K light license 449 frequencies, then its possible it can be used as a business radio if I'm unable to reprogram it.

I have been doing some thinking today about how I could bypass the read/write passwords... maybe I could downgrade the firmware from A3.05.10.001 to a much earlier version then see if I can activate reset default and I'd probably need a serial cable to do that so that it can be read in an early CPS. Somebody else suggested that this may work. I don't know if there is an earlier version of firmware available to download.
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Werthers »

What does the "National code does not match" error mean?
Metradio
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Metradio »

Firmware country code does not match codeplug country code..
Or programming software country code..

Mike