wire antenna for 2/70 how to make ?

A place to discuss all aspects of amateur radio operation.
WARLOCK
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM134

wire antenna for 2/70 how to make ?

Post by WARLOCK »

getting bored , so would like to make myself a wire dipole for 2/70 what would be the best length to cut the wire ,or is there a easyer/better antenna i could make ?
ch25
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: Lemmy

Re: wire antenna for 2/70 how to make ?

Post by ch25 »

WE ARE MOTÖRHEAD, AND WE PLAY ROCK N' ROLL
You can't have too many antennas...
Marley
Registered New User
Registered New User

Post by Marley »

http://www.k2zs.com/indoor-vhf-antennas/vhf-delta-loop

Did this years ago for a club project, worked Surrey from Bedfordshire on 1w , admittedly it was about 700' asl but plenty of fun
dd084.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
marytran
Regular
Regular

Post by marytran »

I made it last in 2007 for our TV. I used 7 to 10 silver sticks and long bamboo with cable.
Hi i am fine
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Werthers »

WARLOCK wrote: 22 Jun 2019, 09:03 getting bored , so would like to make myself a wire dipole for 2/70 what would be the best length to cut the wire ,or is there a easyer/better antenna i could make ?
I'd get myself down to B&Q or Homebase or some other hardware store and buy some copper pipe or aluminum tubing, go on to the antenna wavelength calculator site where you can get accurate measurements for what size you need to cut the tubing for your desired frequencies then make a dipole. You can make a dipole center from PVC tubing and some small nuts and bolts. I find copper or aluminum tubing works better then making something from wire.