Any radio frequency for UV5R police or any

A place to discuss all aspects of amateur radio operation.
Brookiboi
Registered New User
Registered New User

Any radio frequency for UV5R police or any

Post by Brookiboi »

Hi I am new to here I am trying to find some radio frequency emergency services or any random from Paisley
bigpimp347
Legend
Legend

Re: Any radio frequency for UV5R police or any

Post by bigpimp347 »

ha ha haaaa,

good luck... you won't hear anything on an Analogue radio...
in fact you won't hear anything from the three main emergency services..
I want to Die Asleep like my Grandad did,
Unlike his Passengers, Screaming and Shouting.!
Tim Tom
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 26SW010

Post by Tim Tom »

As big pimp said you have no chance. They all moved over to tetra about 10 years ago I think? Only emergency service your year is possibly like rnli for ship to shore comms and ATC.

If you were American though, the yanks are all backwards and you can tune into them with a baofeng as they don't have tetra or encryption
26-SW-010
26-TM-087

Tim The Milky Bar Kid
Metradio
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: G7HID

Post by Metradio »

Tim Tom wrote: 15 Sep 2021, 15:41 ....If you were American though, the yanks are all backwards and you can tune into them with a baofeng as they don't have tetra or encryption
Some US Police and Sheriff's departments use encryption on DMR, NXDN and P25 and a small number of transportation authorities use Tetra..

Mike
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600.
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot.
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPY on ARD V1.

Whistler WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q / UBCD3600XLT / WTR Browser.
paulears
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: G4RMT

Post by paulears »

You have to get excited by deliveroo deliveries and shoe shops I’m afraid. Maybe a bit of hospital paging and marine band. Pmr446 is there, but that’s more shoe shops and a few people trying to chat to strangers. That’s about it?
Tim Tom
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 26SW010

Post by Tim Tom »

Metradio wrote: 15 Sep 2021, 20:53
Tim Tom wrote: 15 Sep 2021, 15:41 ....If you were American though, the yanks are all backwards and you can tune into them with a baofeng as they don't have tetra or encryption
Some US Police and Sheriff's departments use encryption on DMR, NXDN and P25 and a small number of transportation authorities use Tetra..

Mike
Ah my mistake did not realise this, saw that a few states you can tune into with a baofeng so assumed it was same a cross the board in the states
26-SW-010
26-TM-087

Tim The Milky Bar Kid
Metradio
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: G7HID

Post by Metradio »

The reason a large number of law enforcement agencies in the USA are still using analogue radio equipment is the trunked system is owned by the state or county government, these are shared with all state or county users i.e. Police, Fire, road maintenance, waste management etc. To upgrade to digital would require the whole system to be upgraded at a huge cost to the state or county. The upside of this is if a system is upgraded it will be to digital and not to another analogue system. Once a system upgrades to digital this will allow users who wish to go encrypted to do so without impacting other users on the system. Nearly all digital mobile radios allow programming for both analogue and digital channels, which allows mobiles to still operate with legacy systems for mutual aid across counties and states. Larger city Police and Fire usually own and operate their own radio system which can be an old legacy one frequency analogue or the latest digital trunked system..

Mike
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600.
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot.
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPY on ARD V1.

Whistler WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q / UBCD3600XLT / WTR Browser.
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Werthers »

Metradio wrote: 15 Sep 2021, 20:53

Mike
I think the UK police should have just gone DMR besides the UK wants to be more like America after all.
paulears
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: G4RMT

Post by paulears »

Airwave is not doing too bad, really. The new system piggybacking on EE is just stalling - it doesn't work. I've just been up the east coast towards Hull from Lowestoft where I live. 4G was flaky, and usually 3G was present with 1 or 2 bars, but sometimes not even 3G was available. No way would the EE network be able to support emergency services in this part of the country. Airwave is better coverage - being centred on the Police stations. Where are cells? In the basement with concrete walls and rebar! How they forgot this I don't know.
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

You will need a flux capacitor and a handful of discrete components to convert the 5R to receive plod
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition