Leedswatch

Scanning radio frequencies in Yorkshire & Lincolnshire
mattdcooley
Regular
Regular

Leedswatch

Post by mattdcooley »

What's happened to this? I know they went encrypted a couple of years back but the repeater is just sitting there sending idle bursts for as long as I can remember now. Absolutely no traffic. They used to be really busy doing check in calls every hour and a couple of the stations on certain talkgroups weren't encrypted but zilch now.
Mototrbo2020
Regular
Regular

Re: Leedswatch

Post by Mototrbo2020 »

Switched to LTE now, Was on the cards since they had seen the live stream on Facebook. Town is still in the clear for now.
mattdcooley
Regular
Regular

Post by mattdcooley »

Mototrbo2020 wrote: 25 May 2021, 08:38 Switched to LTE now, Was on the cards since they had seen the live stream on Facebook. Town is still in the clear for now.
Heck paranoid or what the encryption would have been good enough and maybe they should have put RAS on the repeaters! Suprised the pirates haven't taken over them have some good coverage. I remember back in the day they used to have a VHF dual channel from multiple sites and a single freq sending out selcall's from all the alarm points. With the right codes one could have generated an alarm or probably turned them off on demand :roll:
Mototrbo2020
Regular
Regular

Post by Mototrbo2020 »

Be a waste of a good system as they had a number of sites all over Leeds city and the outskirts.