Coventry Frequencies

Scanning radio frequencies in the West Midlands
matt_day2k
Regular
Regular

Coventry Frequencies

Post by matt_day2k » 28 Oct 2008, 21:44

Hey all.

I have recently moved to coventry and am after some active frequencies. Can anyone help me in this quest?

As im still pretty new to this anyone replying could you tell me the band type to search in aswel as the frequency.

Many thanx.

MATT

SecretSignalsUK

RE: Coventry Frequencies

Post by SecretSignalsUK » 28 Oct 2008, 22:11

Welcome Matt.
Take a look at the other forums on this site http://www.transmission1.co.uk/index.ph ... =index&c=3

Select your location and then you should be able to find some freqs.

kc
Top Poster
Top Poster

RE: Coventry Frequencies

Post by kc » 29 Oct 2008, 11:35

It is also worth joining the yahoo group, Scan Proma.
Scan Proma Link.
So I passed this test that allows me to twiddle with knobs, push buttons & call my self an Advanced !!!!!!!
M0LSX

violetbroadcast

Coventry Frequencies

Post by violetbroadcast » 03 Nov 2008, 16:44

Hello Matt,

Nice to see someone else who is local, I'm based in Kenilworth working in Birmingham so most of my frequencies cover that area.

What sort of radio do you have ? & what side of Coventry do you live, will be happy to share some frequencies with you

Neil

oliverp
Regular
Regular

Post by oliverp » 03 Nov 2008, 21:59

Just on the same topic of Coventry...

Any idea why virtually the whole city is using Motorola trunked radios? I know the local pub/shop watch are on these. The council wardens are on them. But a lot of instore security also use this trunking for themselves. Was the city sold them wholesale?

Also if anyone knows...whats the grouping on the shopwatch radios - ie. which frequencies should I put into my scanner..

All the best

matt_day2k
Regular
Regular

Post by matt_day2k » 30 Nov 2008, 10:49

I'm using a Uniden 3500 handheld. Living in the city centre. Have a few frequencies that are active but looking to expand!!

MATT

Saratoga
Regular
Regular

Re: Coventry Frequencies

Post by Saratoga » 23 Jul 2009, 21:43

I'm borrowing a friends Uniden 3500 at the moment but I'm biased as I'm only actually listening to one particular company at the moment :o

However, the memory bank is totally full from another friend in the City. He's probably on here but I don't want to pass on his ID in the open just in case as he's a bit secretive.. ;)

I'm CV1 based (postcode area, not working for the organisation called CV1!! :D