Papa Bravo International

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
papabravoint
Registered New User
Registered New User

Papa Bravo International

Post by papabravoint »

Hello everyone!

My father, Andy Cookson, ran a CB radio club back in the 80's from his home in Preston, UK. It was called Papa Bravo International.

Unfortunately he recently passed away and it was only whilst going through his belongings that I discovered this part of his life.

I have really enjoyed learning about all of this and in particular love the QSL swap cards. I am getting a lot of them framed and put on my wall. I will post some pictures when they are back from the framers!

I love the Papa Bravo logo he had made and have decided to get some T-Shirts made with the logo on. All proceeds are going to charity and I think they will look very similar to the ones I'm sure some of you wore back in the 80's.

If you'd like to purchase one and support a great cause, as well as reminisce about days gone by then please visit https://everpress.com/papabravo

I'm super proud to have discovered this part of my dad's life and I thank you all for the companionship you gave him.

Chris Cookson
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Re: Papa Bravo International

Post by The Collector »

Whilst I applaude both the reasoning and the fact that it's for charity, unfortunately and sadly, it's about 40 years too late for people to want to wear one.

I made up a CB T-shirt design for an 80's retro-themed party a couple of years ago (pre-Covid) and I literally had people asking what a CB Radio was? At least a picture of my modified Cobra 148 GTL-DX drew some attention.

As it's mainly youngsters that wear T shirts (myself included at a young 54 years of age), there will perhaps be a limited call for them unless that person was actually a member of that particular club many moons ago. A generalised CB one would possibly/probably sell better quantity-wise, albeit still in low numbers due to the demise of the hobby in general.

Regardless, good luck to you in your endeavours though :thumbup:

Dave.