Sirtel Cardioid Dynamic Desk Mic BSA- 601A

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
108EH002
Top Poster
Top Poster

Sirtel Cardioid Dynamic Desk Mic BSA- 601A

Post by 108EH002 »

Picked up a Sirtel 601A desk mic (made in the UK),and just wanted to see if anyone else is still using one/or has used one in the past,thanks in advance.

There doesn't seem to be that much info online about these mics,compared to the likes of Sadeltas and Turners.

The tx audio from me that is being received by other's,is being heard nice and clear.

The mic looks to be well made and has a fair weight to it.
Plenty are talking worldwide on 27.555 usb,
Some are too far up their own @rse to admit it,
Many happen to know otherwise dx-ing test free,
Showing a complete lack of respect for the law.

27.555 Usb
prettypolly
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26FB185

Re: Sirtel Cardioid Dynamic Desk Mic BSA- 601A

Post by prettypolly »

i just scrapped two of these
Nitehawk

Post by Nitehawk »

I got one in lovely condition, set up right they work really well, it's for sale if anyone is interested, PM me.
108EH002
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by 108EH002 »

The mic was connected to a Galaxy Saturn (Taiwan ROC) that I got from a mate the other day.

27.555 Usb
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

I think I had one of those years ago. Does it have a big chrome front grille like the front of a 50's American car like a Cadillac and a horizontal slider for the mic' gain on a silver or chrome panel?

From memory, it was nothing special (think it was quite heavy or chunky on the base???) and I think I swapped it for a very tatty Turner Expander which I resprayed.
Nitehawk

Post by Nitehawk »

Your right chrome head, big and chunky, but it did work well, want to sell it because bought another microphone.
108EH002
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by 108EH002 »

The Collector wrote: 07 Dec 2019, 21:20 I think I had one of those years ago. Does it have a big chrome front grille like the front of a 50's American car like a Cadillac and a horizontal slider for the mic' gain on a silver or chrome panel?

From memory, it was nothing special (think it was quite heavy or chunky on the base???)
Yes the front is like a car grill Collector,and it is the talk lock that sits on a silver panel.

Either side of the neck at the base,there are 2 x 3.5mm jack plug sockets to the left,and a silver rotary for the audio level on the right.

27.555 Usb
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Ahh..can't remember all that other stuff, but you're talking of 35+ years ago I reckon so I'm not surprised.

I must admit I wasn't into base mic's as I used to hide under my quilt with a hand-held mic' (usually a 007 one) and headphones on most of the time, so I didn't disturb my parents at 3am.

One base mic' I did keep for a few years was a Sadelta Echo one, as it just sounded much better than everything else I'd ever tried for clarity. Different mic's/ mic' elements suit different people's voices though.

I don't own a single one nowadays as I rarely TX anyway. The last 2 I had were both nicely tarted-up Sadeltas, but even they ended up on ebay last year.
I have 3 hand-held power mic's, but am still looking for a decent and fully-working 007, as every one I buy seems to be faulty or buzzing.
14CS06
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by 14CS06 »

Hello

Is this ?

@+
Claude
Last edited by 14CS06 on 09 Dec 2019, 15:20, edited 1 time in total.
Photo Collector CB RADIO
108EH002
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by 108EH002 »

Yes that's the mic Claude,someone must have put the 2 x 3.5mm jacks on at some stage.Thanks for the info :thumbup:

27.555 Usb
Edd200sx
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Edd200sx »

The Collector wrote: 08 Dec 2019, 20:17 Ahh..can't remember all that other stuff, but you're talking of 35+ years ago I reckon so I'm not surprised.

I must admit I wasn't into base mic's as I used to hide under my quilt with a hand-held mic' (usually a 007 one) and headphones on most of the time, so I didn't disturb my parents at 3am.

One base mic' I did keep for a few years was a Sadelta Echo one, as it just sounded much better than everything else I'd ever tried for clarity. Different mic's/ mic' elements suit different people's voices though.

I don't own a single one nowadays as I rarely TX anyway. The last 2 I had were both nicely tarted-up Sadeltas, but even they ended up on ebay last year.
I have 3 hand-held power mic's, but am still looking for a decent and fully-working 007, as every one I buy seems to be faulty or buzzing.
Dave wood had a boxed one
DELETE MY ACCOUNT
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

I'll keep a look out then thanks.

I've had 3 tinned ones that all turned out to be faulty in one way or another. Even my resprayed gold-coloured one had a little annoying buzz and I'd tried it on 2 or 3 radios.

Anyway, sorry for going off topic.

Yes Claude, that's the one I remember with that ugly car-style front grille. Last time I saw one that big it was in the film "Christine"! ;)
des7uk
Registered New User
Registered New User
Call Sign: 26CT3145

Post by des7uk »

looking for a mic insert for thi microphone anyone?
bigpimp347
Legend
Legend

Post by bigpimp347 »

I collect Sirtel badged stuff..
not sure about made in the UK< think it's was made in Japan and badged for the Sirtel UK
all a bit cheap to me, never sounded any good when the idiots on 19 had them on full..
but for a collector, they'll have to be part of it i suppose, but i don't use them..
I want to Die Asleep like my Grandad did,
Unlike his Passengers, Screaming and Shouting.!