The notorious fidelity 1000 as bad as it's made out to be ?

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
astradyne

Re: The notorious fidelity 1000 as bad as it's made out to be ?

Post by astradyne »

Buick Mackane wrote: 20 Feb 2021, 14:06 Makes you wonder why they made so many clones of this heap. Yet again they made plenty sequels of the highlander films after loosing a ton of cash on the first one
I suppose it's because they so cheap to have branded and the profit was good. Also, after the Fidelity 1000 was basically categorised as the leper of CB radio's, various other bizarre names were stamped on the heaps in the hope of shifting them.

Who knows? It's a funny old world.
Never, ever, ever....bloody anything ever!

Far too many radio's to list here. But I do own a legal one...
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Buick Mackane wrote: 20 Feb 2021, 14:06 Makes you wonder why they made so many clones of this heap. Yet again they made plenty sequels of the highlander films after loosing a ton of cash on the first one
Fidelity 1000... there can be only one!

He used to chop up all the clone radios with his sword, but would get electrocuted by the dodgy early 80's Babcock power supplies they were wired up to, hence all the lightning ;)
Buick Mackane

Post by Buick Mackane »

The Collector wrote: 20 Feb 2021, 22:35
Fidelity 1000... there can be only one!

Thank fck :lol:
I Am the great cornholio are you threatening me ?
Buick Mackane

Post by Buick Mackane »

NightProwler wrote: 29 May 2020, 23:41
Buick Mackane wrote: 29 May 2020, 22:27 I'm sure rich started a thread years ago, 100 uses for a fidelity 1000, Or words to that effect, Yeah they were pretty dire, Mind you fidelity always was a budget brand. I'd actually forgot about that review
Yeah I think I did, Where is it? :think:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=36772&hilit=fidelity+1000
I Am the great cornholio are you threatening me ?
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Now, you mock the poor old Flid 100, but I reckon if I put my new, old stock beauty on ebay at the moment, it'd fetch more than I paid for my tidy SS360FM recently and my Cobra 148 GTL-DX I bought a few years ago (£50 /£60).

Not that I'd sell it of course...mmmm...my baby :angel:
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

My new ebay-sourced Flid1000 works...yey! Another one to admire adore and worship at my specially-constructed Fidelity 1000 shrine ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

I got bored so as the sun was out yesterday, I thought I'd have a mess about and have a blast over the cases and the surround on the above with a spray can as it had a few rub marks etc.
I couldn't be arsed to do a proper job on it as it's only a cheapo Flid1000, so the cases were blasted with black primer and then clear lacquered and the surround was quickly roughened, masked up and sprayed in gloss black.

They say you can't polish a turd, but you CAN roll it in glitter in 20 minutes flat ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
warhorse

Post by warhorse »

Nice squelch action on the uk first legal cb back in the day reminded me of am cbs you cant slag the delayed tx, can think of many that do that other than dry joints inc early murphy home base was as bad, a mod for that back in the day one it got rid of the delay tx with that micro coffin mic! lol audio ic going down repd many lost count! the old 4001 am midlands commtrons with same board even crysal filtered were as bad many early uk cbs were worst interceptor and some early home bases am boarded like wagner could go on lol
warhorse

Post by warhorse »

A Harvard "Good Buddy" makes even a Fidelity 1000 look good yes - Very true Think the lure was its side ways meter low pwr was more stable than high pwr on low pwr the fm deviation was louder too, back in the day finding ...''dirty'' volts and adding components very few, you could make a very good 1 channel jammer out of your buddy and inverted V...was good for stationary fox hunting lol all needed was a porta pack etc to lock on to signal car battery in tree etc lol