Amazing Results With QRM Eliminator

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
ghost123uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 26TM953

Re: Amazing Results With QRM Eliminator

Post by ghost123uk »

Craig, if your unit has a PTT socket (I think I read above that it has) it will likely be a "pull down to ground" thing. You could test that without putting any RF through it. If it has, then is it not just a case of connecting it to the TX pin on the mic plug, as that pin is grounded when you press the mic PTT to TX.
This is certainly the case with "classic" era rigs that use a normal 4 pin mic plug.
John, on the S. Cheshire / N. Shropshire border. 26TM953 / muppet handle "Grey ghost"
Don't just monitor, key up and talk, otherwise everyone thinks no one else is out there !!!
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Post by MrWeetabix »

ghost123uk wrote: 17 Mar 2021, 11:09 Craig, if your unit has a PTT socket (I think I read above that it has) it will likely be a "pull down to ground" thing. You could test that without putting any RF through it. If it has, then is it not just a case of connecting it to the TX pin on the mic plug, as that pin is grounded when you press the mic PTT to TX.
This is certainly the case with "classic" era rigs that use a normal 4 pin mic plug.
I will use this on HF with one of my Icom radios, both of which have send PTT connections so thats not a problem.

If I wanted to use it with my soon-to-arrive McKinley then I’d likely need to devise some method of doing that yes. In all honesty I’ll probably not bother.

Just feeding back my experience with this particular X-phase QRM eliminator so others dont waste their money. Also testing some sort of adhoc retrofit for use with a stabdard CB radio could also cause damage to the device, rendering your investment worthless.

Buyer beware and understand what you’ll need to do to make it work with a CB. 👍
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
Raverrst
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 26LW29

Post by Raverrst »

Indeed that doses seem a problem for the 11 meter user if not using a Hf set. And if the auto sensing capable x phase box’s aren’t reliable it’s going to make it very difficult to uses in my shack with my other radios. Really brings me back to my original question will a x phase actually deal with my Plt “splatter”? iv yet to find any videos etc with a similar type noise as I’m experiencing..
Raverrst
Regular
Regular

Post by Raverrst »

Well iv made a purchase this evening, I’m going to give one of the Russian built units that are available through eBay a go, the advantage of theses units they do indeed have auto tx sensing, tx power is rated at 100watts handling, hopefully I can run all my 11 meter radios on this, fingers crossed It’ll reduce my 11meter qrm 🤞
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin

Post by MrWeetabix »

Let is know on here how you get on, with photos of the device too please 👍
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
ghost123uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by ghost123uk »

MrWeetabix wrote: 18 Mar 2021, 09:25 Let is know on here how you get on, with photos of the device too please 👍
+1 on that ^^^ :thumbup:
John, on the S. Cheshire / N. Shropshire border. 26TM953 / muppet handle "Grey ghost"
Don't just monitor, key up and talk, otherwise everyone thinks no one else is out there !!!
Raverrst
Regular
Regular

Post by Raverrst »

Will do, these are made by a Russian ham us4lg named Igor, if you google his call sign there’s a few reviews and videos of his units working, users certainly seem to have had Extremely good results with them. This is his eBay account, seems his listing have finish currently, I’m sure he’ll reload them or drop him a message directly. Price was £71 posted however there maybe custom fees!..
https://ebay.co.uk/usr/igor_us4lg
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin

Post by MrWeetabix »

Yeah I have read favourable reviews on this chaps design, but still works on the same principle as mine I suppose. The chinese probably stole his design anyways...

Let us know how you get on when it arrives 👍

Raverrst
Regular
Regular

Post by Raverrst »

A update on my Russian built X Phase Qrm Eliminator. Well it’s been a lot of experimenting, blood sweat and tears 😅 The unit itself turned up over a week earlier than expected, Build quality is very good, only little gripe would be the three main controls on the front panel are a little wobbly but do work absolutely fine, I do note looking at his photos on his ebay listings that the type I purchased the all black alloy cased type, does seem to have different pots fitted compared to the plastic body types he builds so I’m thinking the other type might well be better in regards to this? However im certainly not over worried by this, as said they work absolutely fine.

Next main question to answer “Does it work” well indeed it does 👍 some days/evenings I have 9+ of noise, Plt splatter mixed with a pulse of static, I can eliminate all of this! It does however have a s2 to s3 signal reduction on the stronger stations but Im still able to hear the weaker stations that obviously would be undetectable with the level of Qrm I’m suffering so for me it’s a small price to pay. The key and indeed the difficulty I had to achieve this is the secondary (sniffer) Aux Antenna, I tried every and any combination of coax Antennas, long wires, different mobile whips and twigs, loops you name it, in loads of locations around my property, what soon came apparent was a tuned 9ft 1/4 wave type Antenna was performing the best but I was still struggling to achieve equal amounts of qrm signal strength in order for the X-Phase to fully work to its best. I went on the hunt late one night with my trusty realistic scanner to try and find the offending source of my Qrm, i soon traced it to a property to the side of me two doors away, so I constructed a centre fed 18ft wire di-pole, cable tide this to a fibreglass roach pole and positioned it as near as I could to the property in question within my property Boundry, that proved to be a sweet spot with a S point more of Qrm than my main Antenna, this resulted in the X Phase working very efficiently dealing with my high level of Plt Splatter. Another thing I soon realised its very sensitive/fiddly, the slightest movement on the controls can result in the noise to begin returning.

So for me it does indeed work with patience and time, main thing i found is the 2nd Aux (sniffer) Antenna needs to be picking up at least equal amounts of your Qrm as your main Antenna, once this is achieved you should be able to zero your Qrm.

With regards to the “Auto sensing” Tx bypass switching built into this unit, iv only run 20watts through the unit but it has operated faultlessly, it has adjustable delay via a variable inside on the board, My Swr hasn’t changed at all running the unit in line so should work well with all radios, Cb’s etc.

It’s taken some time but I’m very happy to have my 11meters back clear again, hope this may help anyone else that’s in a similar situation as me..

Best 73’s..
QRZ-934

Post by QRZ-934 »

Best qrm eliminator ive found has two long barrels on the front.
Simply blasts qrm into oblivion.... :D

Ive taken my aerial down now, its become absolutely useless having it up, theres s9 garbage all over the band.
From 24mhz to 30mhz all ive got is hash and what sounds like ignition noise, so any interesting stuffs just lost.

So ill be taking it mobile at some point and carting it the side of a large mountain in the middle of nowhere.
Operating from homes just not possible now unfortunately.
ghost123uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by ghost123uk »

QRZ-934 wrote: 11 May 2021, 12:58 Ive taken my aerial down now, its become absolutely useless having it up, theres s9 garbage all over the band.
From 24mhz to 30mhz all ive got is hash and what sounds like ignition noise, so any interesting stuffs just lost.

So ill be taking it mobile at some point and carting it the side of a large mountain in the middle of nowhere.
Pretty much in the same boat here :evil:

QRZ-934

Post by QRZ-934 »

ghost123uk wrote: 13 May 2021, 08:50
QRZ-934 wrote: 11 May 2021, 12:58 Ive taken my aerial down now, its become absolutely useless having it up, theres s9 garbage all over the band.

Pretty much in the same boat here :evil:

Yeah its just a nightmare, Im not in the best of locations anyway and theres a dozen or so factories just popped up and blocked my TV signal as well.
Fed up of this location top of everest is looking like its worth a punt.....