Ailunce HD1 radio ?

Scanning radio frequencies for Scotland
GlasgowTransmission
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: TV54

Ailunce HD1 radio ?

Post by GlasgowTransmission »

Hi just ordered an ailunce HD 1 Does anyone know much about this radio all I am seeing are brilliant reviews only worry is I don’t have a radio license

Does anyone have much info about them range etc programming them ?

Thanks
ch25
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: Lemmy

Re: Ailunce HD1 radio ?

Post by ch25 »

Nice radio, I had it in the past. Well built, good battery. Without license not much you can do with that.
You can program it from keyboard, but much easier it's to use CPS software provided by manufacturer.
WE ARE MOTÖRHEAD, AND WE PLAY ROCK N' ROLL
You can't have too many antennas...
GlasgowTransmission
Regular
Regular

Says on the website u can program it with keys on the radio now ? Maybe an upgrade ?

What happens if u do attempt to speak without a license how do they track you ? Not that I’m going to do it as I want to apply for my license but just curious

ch25
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: Lemmy

Post by ch25 »

We (licensed operators) do not talk to band intruders. We remember the voices, so if you mess around, later come back as licensed operator you'll be recognized.
No idea how tracking works in UK, here works pretty good.
Every radio works a little different. Have it's own "fingerprint". Can be compared with those stored in database and fit to particular radio.
WE ARE MOTÖRHEAD, AND WE PLAY ROCK N' ROLL
You can't have too many antennas...
mattdcooley
Regular
Regular

Post by mattdcooley »

GlasgowTransmission wrote: 23 May 2021, 12:24 Says on the website u can program it with keys on the radio now ? Maybe an upgrade ?

What happens if u do attempt to speak without a license how do they track you ? Not that I’m going to do it as I want to apply for my license but just curious

Just don't do it! If you must then stick to PMR446 or at worst simple UK/hire frequencies. If you mess with hams they are liable to try DF and report you or will just blank you if you do get the licence. If you mess with licenced business users they can get RAS and/or encryption activated or just give up on radio altogether for PTToC/VoIP systems and you will have nothing to listen in on. Mess with anything remotely safety of life and Ofcom can get involved.

With digital systems the tracking is a lot easier than it used to be. Some systems have advanced 24/7 logging and just keying up a couple of times on a repeater on a unused talkgroup with a unknown radio ID while the place is closed is enough to alert someone in the morning that there has been an intruder! While that won't get you located and prosecuted system engineers do talk to each other and if they notice a pattern of it, systems you haven't even touched in the area can end up suddenly getting locked down.
GlasgowTransmission
Regular
Regular

Yeah i wont as i have a scanner too and enioy listening i will not interfere was just curious