StJohns Ambulance

Scanning radio frequencies for the North West
StevenFerguson
Regular
Regular

StJohns Ambulance

Post by StevenFerguson »

Hi everyone,
I have fetched this topic up a little while ago but i don't think anything was found out, but i though i would fetch it up again.

I was wondering if anyone had any Freqs for St.Johns ambulance mainly in the cumbria Area.

I was at a Point-to-point (like a horse race meeting but not quite as profesional) in Dalston my local Village which is in North Cumbria and i was trying to tune into the St.johns staff there but i couldn't find any freqs at all could anyone help with finding some?

The only Freqs i have found so far was for the St.Johns Staff that go to the Carlisle Matches 173.050 but they were using that channel at the matchtoday.

Can anyone help me find some for this area?

Thanks
Steven Ferguson
Andrew
Banned
Banned

Post by Andrew »

St John's now use the licence free frequencies of 449.3125 (Ch.1) 449.400 (Ch.2) and 449.475 (Ch.3)

These are UK General and a 'must have' in your scanner as Woolworths, HMV, Virgin, EWS etc use them. There aren't many of the bigger towns or citie's in the UK where one of the above three aren't in use by someone.

On the Aintree topic in this forum, last year they were using 173.050, not sure if they still will be.
Banned Account
stewilliamson
Regular
Regular

Post by stewilliamson »

Steven, you say you live in Dalston? I live in Carlisle. Is that your house on the main road with the HYOWGE bloody aerial in the garden? Just how far can you really reach with that thing?
StevenFerguson
Regular
Regular

Post by StevenFerguson »

ok Will PM you now!
Andrew
Banned
Banned

Post by Andrew »

Gosh, a Carlisle person, a rare breed. :0) I was down there on Monday, and was going to ask on here if anyone was in the area. I've been out of touch a bit on the scanning side of late, well, for over two years, but still listen in.
Banned Account
stewilliamson
Regular
Regular

Post by stewilliamson »

Yea, Carlisle scanning folk are pretty rare up here. All we got to listen to is pubwatch, shopwatch, one side of an ambulance conversation, VERY bad reception from the fire brigade, oh, and a bunch of engineers from the local pie factory. dum de dum.....
Andrew
Banned
Banned

Post by Andrew »

There is the college on 461.3625 I believe, and a dairy, and the museum beside the BBC Radio Cumbrai studios too!
168.250 has Brunton Park (Carlisle United) 453.775 Carlisle Shopwatch, 453.025 Carlisle Lanes Shopping Centre Ch.1, 453.0875 Carlisle Lanes Shopping Centre Ch.2 453.550 I think is the Citadel Station, or is it 453.900.

Try the uhf channels for the ambulances, its a bit local, but you hear both sides, and very little data chatter.

459.875 Scottish Ambulance Service (S.A.S) vhf ? uhf repeater
459.775 S.A.S Ch.2
459.825 S.A.S Ch.3
453.275 National Ambulance Channel 1
453.375 Ch.2
453.325 National Ambulance Channel 3, S.A.S. Channel 1

One of these will be used in your area. You should also be able to get D&G fire and rescue as well.

I'll be passing through but not stopping on Saturday, and returning on Monday night heading straight through (on a train)
I've never had bother with the fire and rescue. There is a hill few miles north of here in Irvine that is high enough to hear them!

I sometimes pop across the border just for a few hours, I like Carlisle, it's only 2 1/2 hours by train away. My shoes have an uncontrollable habit of dragging me into Mr Wilsons pub on Botchergate, or the working mens club which I think is on Fisher Street. I won't be in Carlisle itself for a visit til after the new year. I've just started a new job and will be busy right through Christmas. I need to catch up financially, and get me a decent box again. My beloved AR 8200 was stolen in July 2005, and I lost interest a bit after that. I have a deceipit Pro 26 that won't go without an external power supply, and a 92 that wont take one!

I'm after a Bearcat 3500XLT, but i dearly would love another AR 8200. It doesn't have all the toys like close call, dcss tones etc, but I liked it for its range and user programmeable search banks and dynamic bank resizing etc.
Banned Account
stewilliamson
Regular
Regular

Post by stewilliamson »

Thanks for those freqs there Andrew. I have a pro-26, had it for about 10 years now. Batteries work OK but I tend to run it off the mains - a slight issue with the power cable being loose but it serves me well :)