Birmingham/East Midlands Frequencies Please

Scanning radio frequencies for the East Midlands
Gemini4
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: Birmingham/East Midlands Frequencies Please

Post by Gemini4 »

i've noticed that 456.900 service air signal is getting weaker during the day..actually most of east midlands is..anybody else noticed :?:
gosman767
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 26TM577

Post by gosman767 »

Can't say I've noticed any degradation of signals, but I do live quite close, about 8 miles as the crow flies and do a lot of my listening at work on the airfield :D
UBC 3500xlt Pro 2006 GRE PSR 295 AR8000
Yaesu FRG7 Tecsun PL660 AKD HF3E Zastone ZT-2R
Superstar 360
Gemini4
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Gemini4 »

i'm probably about 20 miles away..the signal use to be quite strong so unless they've turned down the power i can't see what's happening.
i can pick up Doncaster and Leicester much stronger these days..even Heathrow and Stanstead..nothing's changed here antenna wise or radio??
radio_ryan
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by radio_ryan »

Gemini4 wrote:i've noticed that 456.900 service air signal is getting weaker during the day..actually most of east midlands is..anybody else noticed :?:

I think it also use at robinhood Airport too, sometimes i get both, maybe you where picking up another airport.
Gemini4
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Gemini4 »

maybe i am ryan...i seem to pick doncaster up better..but i am having a white stick fitted in the place of my discone..maybe that will help.all smiles eh :lol: :)
radio_ryan
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by radio_ryan »

Gemini4 wrote:maybe i am ryan...i seem to pick doncaster up better..but i am having a white stick fitted in the place of my discone..maybe that will help.all smiles eh :lol: :)

Good Luck with that I hope you get lots more contacts on it. the sign of line can be a funny thing. you may be only 2 mailes from EAM and not get it. but 30 from Robinhood and hear it all.