Can someone please help identify nottingham area PMR user?

Scanning radio frequencies for the East Midlands
infinityandbeyond
Regular
Regular

Can someone please help identify nottingham area PMR user?

Post by infinityandbeyond »

Hi,

Been listening to a nottingham scanner internet stream which scans through several channels.

Sometimes it stops on a channel where typically will hear things like :-

"Sierra 1 from control"

sounds like security men for somewhere.

Here them talking about locations like "D5", "D29" ,"D94" etc.

Sometimes they talk about fire alarm tests.

ive heard them refer to the place as "on site" and mention gates. so could be some kind of complex. Dunno if the D numbers refer to rooms or zone codes according to layout plan.

If there are any scanner users in notts area that have heard things that sound like the above , do you know what service and what frequency they are on?
Been puzzling over this for a while now as the transmissions are quite short and far and few between to try and work it out.

Thanks
RogerD
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Can someone please help identify nottingham area PMR use

Post by RogerD »

Sounds like typical prison activity
archspoofer

Post by archspoofer »

Do you have a link to the stream or possibly contact the owner for the frequency.???

Any chance it could be one of the UNI's ?
Age and knowledge don't always come together. Sometimes you just get the age...
bigpimp347
Registered New User
Registered New User

Post by bigpimp347 »

i'm certain it's nottingham prison, as already mentioned to him in an email..
I want to Die Asleep like my Grandad did,
Unlike his Passengers, Screaming and Shouting.!
infinityandbeyond
Regular
Regular

i wasnt sure if it was the prison as already heard a channel for prison and they use 'Oscar November' and on 451.1

Id googled up on it and numbers like D80, D90, D94 ive seen been reffered to buildings on the Boulevard industrial park nr the university in beeston. though i searched the ofcom WTR register and nothing came up suggesting site security for that location. The could be several places in nottingham that have D## numbers on their site.

The transmissions are quite far and few between so quite hard to work it out.

when listening last night , i heard them talking about testing fire alarm and sprinklers and someone saying that they were patrolling around D80
And heard them mention a North , Central and South . It sounds like a site of somekind with several buildings perhaps.

Does the prison have more than 1 frequency as well as 451.1 (ON)?
infinityandbeyond
Regular
Regular

After some more googling , Just found that D90 , D10 and D94 are buildings on the Boots Campus site in beeston , so its possible its security for the boots campus??

It sounds like somewhere which will need 24 hour security
bigpimp347
Registered New User
Registered New User

Post by bigpimp347 »

notts prison is indeed 451.100 no other, i'll have a listen myself and tell you what frequency you are listening to.

i know there is a traffic wardens channel in there too.
I want to Die Asleep like my Grandad did,
Unlike his Passengers, Screaming and Shouting.!
infinityandbeyond
Regular
Regular

bigpimp347 wrote:notts prison is indeed 451.100 no other, i'll have a listen myself and tell you what frequency you are listening to.

i know there is a traffic wardens channel in there too.

Ive finally cracked it! , it is indeed Boots HQ Campus Beeston Site Security and they are on 453.100MHz

After Some loads of googling, perserverance and consulting online frequency lists , figured out that the D94 Building, D80 and D90 buildings which are frequently mentioned are buildings in the large Boots HQ Campus site in Beeston, Nottingham not far from the University. Tried some of the listed Boots frequencies in the Lists on a local PC scanner until i found the 1 that was exactly like what i heard on your scanner.
Its definitly Boots site security , there is also something else on the same frequency : 453.1 , dunno what that is , maybe that will be my thing to figure out, lol

Also stumbled across something on 453.0875 , sounds very much like a sports complex , they were talking about basketball courts and tennis courts , probably in Derby or Nottingham