SJA NI

Scanning radio frequencies for Northern Ireland
JohnTT
Registered New User
Registered New User

SJA NI

Post by JohnTT »

Hey I'm John T, a volunteer for SJA NI who's actively involved in various events throughout the year. With a passion for aiding others, I've equipped myself with a Baofeng UV-17 Pro radio.

However, I've noticed a challenge: not everyone on duty gets a radio, leaving some of us without direct communication channels. This means there are instances where I miss out on opportunities to lend a hand due to the lack of a radio.

To bridge this gap, I'm reaching out to inquire if anyone has information about the SJA radio frequencies used at events. I'm eager to program my personal radio to receive these frequencies, ensuring I can stay informed and available to help whenever and wherever needed.

Additionally, if anyone knows the exact model of radio that SJA NI uses, I'd greatly appreciate your insights.

Your assistance and expertise are invaluable. Thank you in advance!
Mototrbo2020
Regular
Regular

Re: SJA NI

Post by Mototrbo2020 »

If you are part of them would you not know what radios they use? Pretty sure SJA had a full roll out of NXDN Kenwood gear and all encrypted.

2021 apparently

https://kenwoodcommunications.co.uk/com ... gital/sja/
JohnTT
Registered New User
Registered New User

Post by JohnTT »

I believe over here in NI they use DMR radios but we use so many different ones like surpa and motorolla etc its hard to keep up with what radio is best for it.
Metradio
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: G7HID

Post by Metradio »

With the Baofeng UV-17 Pro you are limited to analogue signals only. Will not work with digital DMR or NXDN...

Mike
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600.
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot.
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPY on ARD V1.

Whistler WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q / UBCD3600XLT / WTR Browser.