SS360FM crazy channel display

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
14CS06
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: SS360FM crazy channel display

Post by 14CS06 »

Hello

The 2 adders and the diodes need to be replaced

@+
Claude
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Photo Collector CB RADIO
NightProwler
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 163TM186

Post by NightProwler »

Cheers Claude but I think this radio is possessed by satan himself.
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Post by cb4ever104 »

NightProwler wrote: 02 Mar 2024, 21:15 Cheers Claude but I think this radio is possessed by satan himself.
Think you're going about this all wrong Rich . First thing you need to do is a simple logic (HI/LO) test on the output of the CH SEL to the main board . As Claude says , you've probably got a diode/s , or binary adder issue . The output of the CH SEL is always binary 15-59 . This goes to pins 1 , 3 , 5 and 7 of the 2 binary adders (ICs 6 and 7 I think) . This then gets "added" to whatever the band switch matrix diode produces to give you the final output which gets fed to the PLL . It's pretty simple once you get your head around it . There's a good description in the Galaxy manual . Make sure that these CH SEL inputs are correct first for all channels . After that then start looking at the fixed diode value of the MID band for example . That should be 112 for all MID band channels . If it's right for one of them , then it'll be right for them all . Once you find a channel that's wrong , then it's a simple case of finding out what binary number it's actually generating and working your way back to see where the problem is . I made up an Excel sheet the first time I started to look at this stuff . I've attached a copy of the MID band . Hopefully it'll help .
RICH.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
30TM060
Paul aka "Sammy". (108) PY60 Old Paisley DX Group (RIP Rab Markie)
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
Handle "Fortune Hunter" back in "the day"
Radios ....? Anything that says "TAIWAN R.O.C" on the back.
NightProwler
Veteran
Veteran

Post by NightProwler »

Thank you Sammy but to be honest this is going a little over my head now. Why the RF gain decreases the output has got me puzzled and why nothing is no longer reading on my frequency which I know is working. It might take a little trip to Nicks if he is still taking on repairs.
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Post by cb4ever104 »

NightProwler wrote: 04 Mar 2024, 10:36 Thank you Sammy but to be honest this is going a little over my head now. Why the RF gain decreases the output has got me puzzled and why nothing is no longer reading on my frequency which I know is working. It might take a little trip to Nicks if he is still taking on repairs.
:thumbup:
30TM060
Paul aka "Sammy". (108) PY60 Old Paisley DX Group (RIP Rab Markie)
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
Handle "Fortune Hunter" back in "the day"
Radios ....? Anything that says "TAIWAN R.O.C" on the back.
Buick Mackane

Post by Buick Mackane »

NightProwler wrote: 04 Mar 2024, 10:36 . It might take a little trip to Nicks if he is still taking on repairs.
Probably a good idea rich before you crack up with frustration and destroy your shack with a lump hammer :lol:
I Am the great cornholio are you threatening me ?
NightProwler
Veteran
Veteran

Post by NightProwler »

Or shall I send it to DR Bunsen Honeydew at tango towers? :think:
163TM847
Veteran
Veteran

Post by 163TM847 »

NightProwler wrote: 02 Mar 2024, 20:47 I also just noticed if I turn the RF gain down the power output drops to nothing even though the RF gain is wired up properly and not for variable power, I have checked the wiring on my other 360 and it's wired correctly
Rf gain adjusting power (when RF Gain is wired correctly) is usually bad diode where RF driver is located (I forget actual marking number) There’s only one diode there so you should easily find it
Last edited by 163TM847 on 04 Mar 2024, 21:54, edited 1 time in total.
NightProwler
Veteran
Veteran

Post by NightProwler »

Ive had enough, Like I said it's starting to go over my head a bit now so it's your problem now Nick :D
Buick Mackane

Post by Buick Mackane »

NightProwler wrote: 04 Mar 2024, 21:42 Ive had enough, Like I said it's starting to go over my head a bit now so it's your problem now Nick :D
We need Nick to write a repair book for us :D
I Am the great cornholio are you threatening me ?