Kenwood TK-3701D analogue frequencies

Licence free two-way radio services that now includes both FM and digital channels. Discuss models, modifications and other similar worldwide standards such as FRS and GMRS.
spleencheesemonkey
Regular
Regular

Kenwood TK-3701D analogue frequencies

Post by spleencheesemonkey »

Hi all. Wondering if anyone can advise. I purchased a couple of dPMR handsets and noticed that the frequency table listed in the manual for analogue doesn’t match what I thought were the original 16pmr frequencies. Eg channel 8 (446.093750) appears as channel 2 AND channel 10 (with a different QT/DQT) (page 10 of this manual):

https://kasc.kenwood.com/files/prod/343 ... ual_EN.pdf

Is my thinking correct on this; that if I want to use the 16 analogue pmr channels, I will need to reprogram the radio?

Seems a bit odd. What am I missing?
paulears
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: G4RMT

Re: Kenwood TK-3701D analogue frequencies

Post by paulears »

Just the 2018 changes. Icom have a useful page with old and new.

https://icomuk.co.uk/Changes-to-digital ... /3996/135/
spleencheesemonkey
Regular
Regular

Thanks for the response. My radios appear to have been programmed with the right hand column of that table from 1-16 even on analogue. I’m still struggling to get my head around it. I’m probably being dense.

If I were to buy some standard analogue PMR radios today, they would be programmed in accordance to the left hand column? That’s what I expected mine to be like - not the red frequencies on analogue.
paulears
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: G4RMT

Post by paulears »

Never assume one pmr446 radio will talk to a different brand. Remember, most purchasers want silence, the last thing they want is to hear other people, so the frequencies are limited, but the tones often change. The kenwood will let you take the available frequencies and swap them about a bit and change the tone, once you drive yourself mad with the button pressing regime needed to do it.
spleencheesemonkey
Regular
Regular

I hear ya. My approach was that I would use digital (zones 2&3) for uninterrupted comms when it’s just me and the wife using them, but I want compatibility with the analogue frequencies so they align with my older handsets which I provide to family members when we all travel in convoy.
I’ve got a programming cable so I think I’ll buy the software and have a play. Thanks again.