Ham Radio in the UK - all sorts of Government Changes

A place to discuss all aspects of amateur radio operation.
Transwarp
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: Viper

Re: Ham Radio in the UK - all sorts of Government Changes

Post by Transwarp »

Hmm interesting. Anyone like to explain why progression is healthy in the hobby, and only about progression in the hobby. What are the actual benefits to the hobby and the person / persons in doing so for example?
Champion of IBTL Christmas Edition 2023.
Champion of IBTL Autumn 2022 Edition.
Whisky1

Post by Whisky1 »

Transwarp wrote: 28 Jul 2023, 18:13 Hmm interesting. Anyone like to explain why progression is healthy in the hobby, and only about progression in the hobby. What are the actual benefits to the hobby and the person / persons in doing so for example?
The 3 tier was brought in to help operators progress in 3 small steps...... did that bit get blanked out by yourself? :lol:
Ant
Call Sign: 26TM718

Post by Ant »

Whisky1 wrote: 28 Jul 2023, 18:45
Transwarp wrote: 28 Jul 2023, 18:13 Hmm interesting. Anyone like to explain why progression is healthy in the hobby, and only about progression in the hobby. What are the actual benefits to the hobby and the person / persons in doing so for example?
The 3 tier was brought in to help operators progress in 3 small steps...... did that bit get blanked out by yourself? :lol:
:clap: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Shack, noun, a small building, usually made of wood or metal, that has not been built well - Oxford Dictionary
A shack (or, less often, shanty) is a type of small, often primitive shelter or dwelling - Wikipedia

Licence - British spelling
License - American spelling
Ant

Post by Ant »

It's healthy as it give someone a goal, it's good for the mind, something to think about, something to aim for, sense of achievement, which is all good for mental health and wellbeing.
Shack, noun, a small building, usually made of wood or metal, that has not been built well - Oxford Dictionary
A shack (or, less often, shanty) is a type of small, often primitive shelter or dwelling - Wikipedia

Buick Mackane

Post by Buick Mackane »

Iv'e been an intermediate for 15 years and glad to call myself a lower class citizen :D I'm content with what the license offers me hence iv'e no intentions of ever upgrading
I Am the great cornholio are you threatening me ?
Transwarp
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Transwarp »

Ant wrote: 28 Jul 2023, 19:46
Very good :clap: From your responses it obvious that meaningful contributions from yourselves on this quite good and interesting topic thread is asking too much, and one would hope your manners are better on the airwaves than on here, but I reckon not.

As I don't want to be party to a possible thread lock, thus spoiling it for other forum members, I'll leave you both to do what you do.
Ant

Post by Ant »

Asking too much, maybe for your understanding. I've given meaningful contributions, it's not my issue that you don't understand the subject enough.....that's your resent to deal with.

Transwarp
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Transwarp »

Buick Mackane wrote: 28 Jul 2023, 20:01 Iv'e been an intermediate for 15 years and glad to call myself a lower class citizen :D I'm content with what the license offers me hence iv'e no intentions of ever upgrading
Now why am I not surprised to learn that your an ILH?
Ant

Post by Ant »

Buick Mackane wrote: 28 Jul 2023, 20:01 Iv'e been an intermediate for 15 years and glad to call myself a lower class citizen :D I'm content with what the license offers me hence iv'e no intentions of ever upgrading
That does not make you a lower class citizen at all.

Whisky1

Post by Whisky1 »

Transwarp wrote: 28 Jul 2023, 20:14
Ant wrote: 28 Jul 2023, 19:46

Very good :clap: From your responses it obvious that meaningful contributions from yourselves on this quite good and interesting topic thread is asking too much, and one would hope your manners are better on the airwaves than on here, but I reckon not.

As I don't want to be party to a possible thread lock, thus spoiling it for other forum members, I'll leave you both to do what you do.
Mr Transwarp it's opinions no one is causing a riot on here so I can't see a thread lock coming don't be so dramatic.
Ant

Post by Ant »

Yes, it's just a discussion, opinions and chat, so it shouldn't really resort to this toy throwing.

Transwarp
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Transwarp »

Well, submitted my Yes / No and comments on to Ofcom, see what comes out of eventually.
Ant

Re: Ham Radio in the UK - all sorts of Ofcom Changes

Post by Ant »

Still haven't done mine yet, will try to find the time soon to say no no no and no :mrgreen:

Whisky1

Post by Whisky1 »

Mines done and submitted, told em what I think not that they will take any notice..............ham radio is nothing more than posh cb now and holds little interest like it used to do.
More useless dabbling from ofcon when they should be addressing man made qrn the big killer for many ops and come the future and this fixation on EVs and all things electrical etc I think it's safe to assume all our days are numbered because ofcon don't give 2 sh1ts.
Ant

Post by Ant »

Well it looks like Ofcom are doing what they propose, to simplify spectrum management. If full licence holders can use more power, then maybe QRM won't be as much an issue? That's assuming all using more power, which perhaps we won't be, but if we did, then who knows.