Puxing programing problem and DTS codes

Licence free two-way radio services that now includes both FM and digital channels. Discuss models, modifications and other similar worldwide standards such as FRS and GMRS.
overlandadventures

Puxing programing problem and DTS codes

Post by overlandadventures »

I have 5 Puxing 777's that we use for work/play (where legal to do so of course) and I use the program cable to alter frequencies and tones. As I'm preping the radios for a big trip I've used the 6in 1 software more than normal, but keep getting the following "glitch"
I tell the software to write to radio, it does it, but when the radio re-sets it has gone back to showing only channel numbers for its display as opposed to the names I had given each memory location. If I dig out an old saved file and re-load that it will go back to the alpha tags which are much better, but of course I haven't then made the changes I wanted.
Any ideas where I'm going wrong?
Also not really on topic here but does anyone know about DTS signals, the puxings support them but I have been told the DTS I need at one of my customers is A114, puxings dts codes all start D and have suffix letters such as N or I. To make my radio talk to my customers do I pick D114N, D114I or are neither compatable because puxing doesn't support the correct code?
thanks in advance
John
marksman

RE: Puxing programing problem and DTS codes

Post by marksman »

re: dcs suffix, 'N' stands for normal and 'I' for inverted.

do the alpha tags come back when you switch on the radio with the 'enter' key depressed?
5thElement
Veteran
Veteran

Post by 5thElement »

Thats what i was going to suggest
2E0XGA
overlandadventures

No, just toggles from CH 00X to freq display starting at 400.000mhz.
thanks
John
M3VBS
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by M3VBS »

Start up th radio so it is showing the channel number.

Then hold down "menu". Scroll and there should be a menu for "name?"

Check this option is on.

(often it returns to off when reflashing.)

Gregg m3vbs
overlandadventures

Thank you Gregg, the simple solutions are always the best, yes your correct, turning the names back on brought them back.
thanks
John