Very Short email adress for qsl get yours

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
GY26

Very Short email adress for qsl get yours

Post by GY26 »

Heres a very short email adress provider http://www.9y.com . so you could be [email protected] very easy to sign up and very easy to send on the air 9 yankee !! anyway hope it helps [email protected]
ChickenMadras
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

RE: Very Short email adress for qsl get yours

Post by ChickenMadras »

Why dont you just buy 26FB146.com :?:

That way you can be [email protected] or anyhthing@26FB146.com Much easier to use on air and quite a lot of amateurs do this.

123Reg are as good as any other domain broker http://www.123-reg.co.uk/ with .com's at ?9 per year.
GY26

Post by GY26 »

Great suggestion thanks. but I had a bad experience with my music artist site and ended loosing things I uploaded for safe keeping , maybee I should have backed them up on disc not that organised though. Anyway thought it might help the guys who are just coming back on the scene and might just be passing through hopefully if they read this topic they will have 2 very good ways of passing qsl informatiion sure beats shouting out your home adress like a lot of people foolishy did in the early days. I had acess to a local po box but that took a while to get across the airwaves , most of the time I got it across but not always.
Guzzy
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 26TM002

Post by Guzzy »

"whatever"@gmail.com (Google web mail)

&

"whatever"@ymail.com (Yahoo web mail)

These are tried and tested methods, and people 'know' what a gmail email addresses is when they 'here' it.

I guess the "something"@9y.com offers another option though.
ChickenMadras
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by ChickenMadras »

No way would I ever use gmail.

Consider.... all of your web searches via google are anonymous. (Short of tracing your IP address through your ISP).
The moment you have a gmail account under your real name, all of yur websearches are instantly linked with you at google HQ.

Just 'cos I'm paranoid does not mean they aren't out to get you. :-?
http://technology.newscientist.com/arti ... mails.html
The devil finds work for idle circuits
Guzzy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Guzzy »

If you use a UK based ISP to connect to the internet, your ISP already stores the details of EVERYTHING you do on-line. Every single connection you make is automatically "logged" at the ISP. They really know who you are, they're the ones who take money out of your account every month.

Frankly, no one is as safe and anonymous while browsing the web as they might think...

... unless you like hacking wireless connections... ;-)
ChickenMadras
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by ChickenMadras »

If you use a UK based ISP to connect to the internet, your ISP already stores the details of EVERYTHING you do on-line.
Only for one month (IIRC), and subject to UK data protection laws.
Not the non-existant US data protection laws that govern google ;-)

Obviously my ISP know who I am. But I'd rather limit the people who know this. Especially google.
... unless you like hacking wireless connections...
Or use Tor http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tor_(anonymity_network)
Or Freenet http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freenet

Cryptography is a bit of a hobby of mine ;-)
ChickenMadras
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by ChickenMadras »

If you use a UK based ISP to connect to the internet, your ISP already stores the details of EVERYTHING you do on-line.
Only for one month (IIRC), and subject to UK data protection laws.
Not the non-existant US data protection laws that govern google ;-)

Obviously my ISP know who I am. But I'd rather limit the people who know this. Especially google.
... unless you like hacking wireless connections...
Or use Tor http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tor_(anonymity_network)
Or Freenet http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freenet

I'm currently typing this via an encrypted proxy server anyway... In this case, partly because I'm surfing from work :-D

Cryptography is a bit of a hobby of mine ;-)
Guzzy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Guzzy »

Looks like ChickenMadras has been got by his ISP! :lol:

Post by Guest »

Who cares if you're anonymous anyway?
Unless you're up to no good!!!!!!!!!!!!
Guzzy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Guzzy »

Let he who has thrown no illegal SSB DX cast the first CQ! :lol:

Post by Guest »

Ha ha,illegal ssb dx is tame,I meant pedo's,terrorists and bank account hackers ;)
Guzzy
Veteran
Veteran

Re: RE: Very Short email adress for qsl get yours

Post by Guzzy »

379 wrote:Ha ha,illegal ssb dx is tame,I meant pedo's,terrorists and bank account hackers ;)
I always find it strange that with all the monitoring, eavesdropping and surveillance technology the authorities have at their disposal, they only ever seem to use it on parents attempting to get their children into a better school, or possibly those committing the heinous crime of allowing their dog to foul the footpath (although that is icky).

Someone commits multiple murder or kidnaps a child and it takes them weeks or even months to look through all the bleeding video tapes!

Besides, rob a bank and you will get 10 years. Hack a bank account and you will get community service.

Post by Guest »

Guzzy wrote:
379 wrote:Ha ha,illegal ssb dx is tame,I meant pedo's,terrorists and bank account hackers ;)
I always find it strange that with all the monitoring, eavesdropping and surveillance technology the authorities have at their disposal, they only ever seem to use it on parents attempting to get their children into a better school, or possibly those committing the heinous crime of allowing their dog to foul the footpath (although that is icky).

Someone commits multiple murder or kidnaps a child and it takes them weeks or even months to look through all the bleeding video tapes!

Besides, rob a bank and you will get 10 years. Hack a bank account and you will get community service.
Don't get me started on the way this country operates :evil:
dave_NPT
Regular
Regular

Post by dave_NPT »

Guzzy wrote:
379 wrote:
That's because robbing a bank is an act of violence. Hacking a bank account is an act of nerdness......