446 problem

Licence free two-way radio services that now includes both FM and digital channels. Discuss models, modifications and other similar worldwide standards such as FRS and GMRS.
iansradios
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

446 problem

Post by iansradios »

After having a slight problem with my scanner not recieving 446 off a few of my pmr sets i went out yesterday and bought some what i thought were 446 radios from a shop local to me motorola talkabout t5200 only 20 quid the pair but the devils are on frs freqs..lol so it shows that they are sneaking into the country and being sold as 446 radios,the guy at the shop didnt care as long as they sold.
5thElement
Veteran
Veteran

RE: 446 problem

Post by 5thElement »

Did they also make wild claims of "14/20 mile range" on the packet? lol i've noticed they always seem to say that!

Plenty of them on ebay aswell, i'll need to start scanning the frs channels and see if anyones using them here.
2E0XGA
iansradios
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by iansradios »

I only realised when i keyed up on several channels and didnt get a hit on my scan range,stuck on close call and thought what the hell. they will come in handy if someone wants some private comms with nobody jumping over the top of them.as for the range they were in a box so i couldnt say although i do laugh at the claims when ive plenty of 5 watters here that struggle with a few miles.