'WOW' do I need your help

General scanning discussion forum. Talk about anything to do with scanners, equipment, VHF/UHF reception and the art of catching those illusive signals!
norm
Regular
Regular

'WOW' do I need your help

Post by norm »

I truly hope that this post isn't duplicated when I submit it. I submitted a post 5 minutes ago but don't see it on the Forum. I think maybe it was because I completely forgot to enter a subject. If this is the reason, I apologise. I am now going to try to submit the same post agin (fingers crossed)
Hello everybody, I have recently joined the Transmission 1 Forum. On my first post, I explained that I was being given a Yupiteru MTV7100 off my Nephew which belonged to his Father. I now have it in my posession and 'WOW' ' do I need your help. The instruction manual (which isn't the original) is, at the moment, completely out of my depth. So I have come to ask you experts, for some basic first step tips. In the Manuel, it says you can simply key in a known frequency, which in my case is 119.8500 Liverpool Approach???. On my screen( if I can copy it for you) is this===
Step
12.5 KHz
FM
PR1 Beep.
I can't hear anything, is this because I have done something wrong and if so, please help me to rectify my mistakes. Regards...norm
Guzzy
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 26TM002

RE:

Post by Guzzy »

Try AM.
119.8500 Liverpool Approach
norm
Regular
Regular

Post by norm »

Guzzy, many thanks for your very speedy response. Believe me , at the moment I don't even know how to select AM, I have pressed every button there is. To those who are experienced, it's very simple, to me and people like me, very confusing. Regards norm
crusty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crusty »

Try here as a starting point: http://www.transmission1.co.uk/index.ph ... pic&t=3508

ATB
Crusty.
norm
Regular
Regular

Post by norm »

Crusty, many thanks for responding to my plea. There is quite a lot of very useful information on that link for newcomers like me, provided by 5thElement. Unfortunately it doesn't tell me how to select the different bands on my Yupiteru 7100. Of course I wouldn't have expected to really, considering the number of different scanners on the market. I really do thank you though. Regards...norm
5thElement
Veteran
Veteran

Post by 5thElement »

Hi Norm,

I've moved this to the scanning section as im sure you'll get more views/replys in here.
2E0XGA
norm
Regular
Regular

Post by norm »

Thank you 5thElement. Regards...norm
Dez2006
Regular
Regular

Post by Dez2006 »

to change between frequencies press the blue func button, then the step button(MODE) in blue underneath.. then twist the dial the change frequency. AM is the one you'll need for listening to air planes.. Otherwise turn it to fm... Then look on here for areaa to scan in...
I usually use 30 fm scan up to maybe 35fm. then 440 - 460fm. Usually around 450fm.. for handheld transievers.. 150fm - 170fm for sea and taxi stuff, and other stuff if you are lucky.. Thats the basics for ya. Best thing to do is have a nose around on here for frequencies..

Then learn hoe to use memory banks once you have some frequencies..write them down....
to save a frequency to memory, go to the frequency,then to save it to memory bank 100, type 100, func, then scan. it should beep twice.. then save next one to save to 102 etcc.. Its best to save different things you have found to different memory banks, maybe put taxi's at 200 --- etc.. then if you only want to scan taxis ignoring everything else just type in 2 then scan. and away it goes scanning your saved frewuencies.. or type in 12 scan, if you want to scan everything you have saved in memory bank 1 and 2.. easy when you know how.. Have fun and ask any questions yo want ... :D
norm
Regular
Regular

Post by norm »

Dez 2006, I thank you very much for your help. I had tried every button once and then I thought, maybe a combination of two would do it but three times; no, I would never have thought of that. I am now in business. The extra information you furnished was very welcome indeed.I will practice doing what you say and then hopefully I will move on to the next 'stage'. Many thanks. Regards...norm