Kirisun S780

The place to discuss Commercial & Private licensed hand held & mobile transceivers, as well as imported hand held and mobile transceivers.
electronicnoobblog
Regular
Regular

Re: Kirisun S780

Post by electronicnoobblog »

TRON wrote:Hmmm... Is the IC the only thing you replaced? The reason I ask is that the soldering on some of the other components isn't too hot to be honest. I've seen far worse that works just fine. My soldering on surface mount isn't great either. However, I don't have a few million pounds worth of pick and place robots and wave solder machines like "quangsushita radio factory".

Did you replace the IC with one EXACTLY the same?
What is the audio IC model?
Could you post the data sheet for the audio IC?

You have an ocilloscope probe in the photo shot. What would be good, is to look up the audio IC data sheet, and find out exactly what the audio IC expects to be driven with in terms of power supply / bias / output load.
With the above info, you could probe the inputs / outputs with the scope and even visualise the waveform in real time.

"thou shal check voltages"
Dave jones
EEV blog
I only replace IC, nothing else was touched by my soldering iron. Look's creepy but it was working that way, i don't think we will found a dry joint (i was trying freezing spray) and no change. At first place i was thinking about using hotair for soldering but, that tiny resistors (on both sides) could fly away - so i'm not going to try it, just soldering iron.

Do i replace for exactly same IC?
- I think ... Yes
-so start from beginning when i open radio, i got burned IC with hole inside.
TDA2xx2L - was visible.
DSC02384-min.JPG
I start digging google and found this website

http://petyamuvek.hu/kirisun_s780.htm

and PCB looks very very close, and the audio IC is:
TDA2822
and that looks like match for first and last digit in my burn, i check manual "L" stand's for "lead free" probably for RoHs.
so i put
TDA2822M

(first IC after solder burn in couple of seconds leaving another hole - same as in original, so i replace for another one and now i keep finger on "heating IC" while trying - don't let to long)

Here is pdf datasheet:
http://www.unisonic.com.tw/datasheet/TDA2822.pdf

Scope and measurements i will left for tomorrow i have un-solder IC because as soon as i press "monitor" that force to disable squelch - it's getting impossible hot to touch (i burn my finger :) ) - in 2 seconds, i don't want to blow another IC and i need magnification glass^^.

I do a little bling try, and "lift up" that two "fat" transistors - one going to speaker one to earpiece.
- Quiet in speaker - but IC is getting same hot...
DSC02405 (copy)-min.JPG
I fully understand that's not a professional way of "debugging" but i wanted to know does this hi current "leaking" by that transistors... for example do we have short before or after. Still heating so problem should be before.

I start testing diodes and found one not working (i think) labeled:
BC (they both look this same, same print and direction)
One of them have forward bias of 0.8V (i lifted one leg so it's shouldn't be affected)
second same marking read infinity on both directions <- looks like fail open to me.
I don't know for what diode replace it. After googling i found only this:
http://www.s-manuals.com/smd/bc
And it might be a zener-diode

Tomorrow i'm going try pass 6V across (that looking fail open) and test does it will start conducting.
DSC03157.JPG
Click for enlarge, i mark measurement of diode (off the circuit of course).

Tomorrow i will try bring something more information about measurement IC pins after unsoldering IC and test of that diode what might turn to be zener.

Of course Dave have always right ^^
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pete_uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by pete_uk »

I haven't followed the whole thread, is this radio dPMR or DMR?

Thanks ~:)
electronicnoobblog
Regular
Regular

It's advertise as dPMR but i only test on analog.
You need find someone who can test in between something that is really compatible in dPMR to get real life experience.
In most of youtube reviews You will find it communicate between both same radio, i never came across "cross test" except analog.
radiosification
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by radiosification »

Yes, as the above poster says, its dPMR. However it uses the chinese vocoder that all of the cheap dPMR radios use, so it's not compatible with Kenwood or Icom dPMR equipment.
If you're interested in digital voice, check out my YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/radiosification
electronicnoobblog
Regular
Regular

For me it's case closed.
I was trying solder IC out of board and then connect amplifier to external speaker and i broke couple of pads...
I have to admit, i lost control over myself and smash radio with hammer...

So thank You for time but i have to buy new one :(
LeakyFeeder
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by LeakyFeeder »

Nowt wrong wi giving summat a belting with a tapping implement.....
TRON

Post by TRON »

electronicnoobblog wrote:For me it's case closed.
I was trying solder IC out of board and then connect amplifier to external speaker and i broke couple of pads...

I have said this over and over and over again, yet everyone ignores my advice:

DO NOT CONNECT ANYTHING DIRECTLY TO A RADIO

The PTT line can be switched with an opto-isolator
The audio in and out need to go through audio transformers

Flashing grounds together ALWAYS leads to either:
~audio problems (buzzing from charger) (ground loops) (low signal / noise ratio) (impedence mis-match)
~dead radio (ground loops) (potential difference)
ferrels
New User
New User

Post by ferrels »

TRON wrote:
electronicnoobblog wrote:It's not about buying, it's about fixing.
Check my blog, one time i fix cigarette lighter charger worth 1 usd by replace usb connector and i feel good about that because i don't throw it to garbage like most will do. That's not only price matter, it's a hobby.
I'm not any environmental person just feel good when manage fix something :>
Ignore the one post wonder above. "It" is clearly a shill account that is set up for the purpose of making profit, aided by free advertising on here. If I had my way, people would need to have 100 posts OF SOME WORTH before advertising.

Back to your problem.

Have you got a service manual / circuit layout for your radio?
I'm not using a shill account and I'm not advertising for anyone. I own four Zastone DP860s purchased for $40 USD apiece on eBay and 2 Kirisun S780s and they work wonderfully together and have great range, but lets get back on track. If you clowns like spending more money on repair parts and time to repair a broken radio than what it costs to replace said radio, then knock yourselves out. Hobbies don't have to make sense, not even financial sense but it common sense sure goes a long way....even on this forum.
ferrels
New User
New User

Post by ferrels »

You should have just taken my advice in my earlier post and bought a replacement radio for $40 and saved yourself a lot of time and headaches. I own four DP860s and two Kirisun S780s and they're great systems. I just happened upon the Zastones at said price while searching for radios that were interoperable with my Kirisuns and thought I'd pass the info forward to help you and others who might want to get into digital radio. But for some reason folks on this site don't like it when good deals are brought to everyone's attention unless it's some sort component part. My S780s cost me $112 apiece so a nearly identical radio selling for $40 was to hard to pass up.

BTW, these two radios from Kirisun and Zastone work wonderfully together. The only differences are slighly cosmetic and the Zastones lack voice prompts. You also have to use different software packages to program them. Use Zastone's CPSC 1.6 on the the DP860s and Kirisun's CPSC 2.14 for the S780s. Both pieces of software look and function identically though, so there's no learning curve.....and no, the 2.14 software will not work on the Zastone....trust me, I tried it.
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

ferrels wrote: You should have just taken my advice in my earlier post and bought a replacement radio for $40 and saved yourself a lot of time and headaches.
He would need a time machine as you gave your wonderful advice over two weeks after he smashed the radio.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
electronicnoobblog
Regular
Regular

ferrels wrote:

You should have just taken my advice in my earlier post and bought a replacement radio for $40 and saved yourself a lot of time and headaches. I own four DP860s and two Kirisun S780s and they're great systems. I just happened upon the Zastones at said price while searching for radios that were interoperable with my Kirisuns and thought I'd pass the info forward to help you and others who might want to get into digital radio. But for some reason folks on this site don't like it when good deals are brought to everyone's attention unless it's some sort component part. My S780s cost me $112 apiece so a nearly identical radio selling for $40 was to hard to pass up.

BTW, these two radios from Kirisun and Zastone work wonderfully together. The only differences are slighly cosmetic and the Zastones lack voice prompts. You also have to use different software packages to program them. Use Zastone's CPSC 1.6 on the the DP860s and Kirisun's CPSC 2.14 for the S780s. Both pieces of software look and function identically though, so there's no learning curve.....and no, the 2.14 software will not work on the Zastone....trust me, I tried it.
You miss very important point... I spent x hours pulling my hair out...
If i or we found answer then repair (that common failure) by of hotairing known ic and other component that cost a penny will be better than buy new ratio for 40 usd or 10...
Point of forum is to find answer, if we find answer i would post it here, on youtube, on my blog... other person could only follow...

I got new radio, and i plug my new mic... i won't stop plugging there handheld mic because it's impossible to use without it as bench radio.
Hope not to blow it again.

Radio is only good at digital and close range.
I don't have equipment to do measurement but it looks like sensitivity is weak, adding external antenna don't improve range - looks like it pick up more noise. Digital mode have smaller range than analog - i was thinking that will be opposite because transmitting digital pitch tones, should be at full carrier range - just like shouting to mic in analog to produce larger amplitude) but it's opposite... analog can be readable when digital not.

But digital give You clear voice without any interference - it work or does-not - in general, only at very ending range you have digital distortions.

I would call it a good radio for 40usd and i can't find anything better in that price range...
Arrkon
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: M6RPV

Post by Arrkon »

Has anyone had issues with the power on password function? i set mine as 1234 to test, but its not being recognised. Anyone aware of a way to remove/virginise the unit, tried the CPS but no luck (password blocks comms), also emailed kirisun, twice, with no reply.
Excalibur
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Excalibur »

I was thinking of getting one of these just for analog purposes not the digital just to add to the collection as well, I wouldn't bother with the digital since and I don't have another DPMR radio to test and from what I have heard it is very bad. Does anyone know what the analog is like on these as I've seen some videos on youtube it working quiet well.
radiosification
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by radiosification »

Hi Excalibur. It's not the dPMR that's bad. It's the radio. The whole thing is desensitised really easily by any other signals so it get really deaf
If you're interested in digital voice, check out my YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/radiosification
Excalibur
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Excalibur »

radiosification wrote:Hi Excalibur. It's not the dPMR that's bad. It's the radio. The whole thing is desensitised really easily by any other signals so it get really deaf

Ah I see, Thank you for the reply. Well I think I'm going to save up to get another DMR radio instead of this Kirisun S780.