Inspectors on 453.850mhz NFM located when on work break!

Scanning radio frequencies for the North West
Panteneman
Top Poster
Top Poster

Inspectors on 453.850mhz NFM located when on work break!

Post by Panteneman »

Greetings,

Came back to work today after Friday off, and found my Uniden UBC 3500XLT had arrived in my absence. Without further ado, I take it out of the box and have a quick dabble while stood in Work's car park while on my afternoon break.

I discovered this frequency: 453.850mhz NFM

The conversation appeared to be council workers, or some form of inspectors of some form. As they mentioned a car that had ran out of tax that someone on foot had discovered. If you live immediately around a couple of miles around the M58, you will probably locate it very strongly.

Upto now, this scanner is damn cool and near idiot proof to use compared to my Yupiteru MVT9000. The menu system reminds me of MP3 players for some odd reason.
Speaking to people in foreign lands, with various configurations of copper wire in various strange shapes - my friends think I'm committing acts of witchcraft...
5thElement
Veteran
Veteran

RE: Inspectors on 453.850mhz NFM located when on work break

Post by 5thElement »

That's what i've described the 3500xlt "operating system" like before, like an mp3 player, everything clearly labelled in the menus, really nice radio to use, im glad you seem to be enjoying it :) I turned on the 72xlt today after not using it for months and jeez, it seems so backwards it's unreal compared to the 3500 lol really miss the menu's and alpha tags and ctcss decoding!

I dont suppose you got a ctcss for this user? in the menus you can set it to decode ctcss for everything (sure you've worked that out allready though)
2E0XGA
Panteneman
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Panteneman »

No,

Signal was only RST 335 or thereabouts, and I only just took it out the box and went outside in the car park to try it out.

Going to program more channels into it via the software, as I have BCTool and the serial cable.
Speaking to people in foreign lands, with various configurations of copper wire in various strange shapes - my friends think I'm committing acts of witchcraft...
5thElement
Veteran
Veteran

Post by 5thElement »

Cool, i don't have the serial cable for mine yet, tbh i've found programming by it hand pretty easy, maybe a little tedious at first when i had a stack to put in, but it's not difficult. The software would be pretty good though for rearranging things and putting in large groups of channels, ie the 80 cb channels and so on, i believe the radio can also be controlled via the software which would be pretty handy when your sat at home using it on an external antenna while on the computer, hmm, i might just have to invest in one!

I assume your first impressions are good?
2E0XGA