400 channel

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
mikelee
Regular
Regular

400 channel

Post by mikelee »

After 2 years of using my Midland Alan 78 Plus Multi, I got another CB from eBay a Danita 3000, this was very easy to mod to get the 400 channels, now after a long haul I finaly found how to mod the Midland 78+ a lot of users of this radio out there find they try the 2 link way and it still dont work.

I have added an attachment to show you how its done.

The only reason I done it for both was that here where I live there are music players, dead keyers, total foul mouth and not much as in the way of any sort of Inteligent chat.

So me and a few trusted others go to the lower blocks to get the so called Inteligent chat, it gets us away from well shall we say the idiots on CH19.

Perhaps you simply don't want to do the mod well thats fine but for my reason it works and works well, we dont go for DX but local work for each other.

Mike.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Re: 400 channel

Post by Admiral »

That's cool Mike, it would be even cooler if it was in English.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
mikelee
Regular
Regular

Post by mikelee »

Ok just for you then :D

APERTO = OPEN
CHIUSO = CLOSED

PONTICELLO = BRIDGE

So its....

Ponticello/Bridge JP0 Aperto/Open

Ponticello/Bridge JP1 Chiuso/Closed

The rest of it is.....

Then turn off Radio, then press both AM/FM and Scan at the same time, then choose RU, then press AM/FM to get the RU (Russian) block of 400 channels.

25.615 Mhz - 30.105 Mhz

And away you go. :D

Mike.
AndyS
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 26TM1305

Post by AndyS »

For anybody still interested in this mod that happens to have the newer model of the radio with the blue display check the attached pdf. OPT1 and OPT3 are the ones you want bridged leaving OPT2 open.

It can be a bit fiddly if you are not great at soldering as the solder points are pretty small and on the 2 sets that I have modded OPT2 and OPT3 were all bridged with one almighty blob of solder from the factory so I had to remove that with some desolder braid first, leave OPT2 open and then rebridge OPT3.

Out of the factory all three were bridged with 2 and 3 bridged together (presumably this was deliberate as it was the same on 2 radios that I worked on).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
26-TM-1305
qurdina
Regular
Regular

Post by qurdina »

But the board is not the same the 3 points mention does not exist and the ic BU2630F is done upside down.
qurdina
Regular
Regular

Post by qurdina »

And please can you tell me the 2 points marked with ink on the diagram what they mean?