Amstrad 901.

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
kc
Top Poster
Top Poster

Amstrad 901.

Post by kc »

I have just been given an Amstrad 901. It looks as if it has been well used & come with no power cable.
So does anyone know if it's still possible to acquire the power leads for these or is it a hard wireing job ?
So I passed this test that allows me to twiddle with knobs, push buttons & call my self an Advanced !!!!!!!
M0LSX
ScotchEgg
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM742

RE: Amstrad 901.

Post by ScotchEgg »

I think its the standard 2 pin type as used on Han Int etc, iirc.
Have gander on ebat they are cheap enuf.
The legend of the "Scotch Egg".
"unique in my duplicity"

UGLY BOB on SCOTCH EGG... "I kinda had you pictured as the sort who would enjoy beating the bejesus out of people with a four foot dildo."
CaptainKirk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: KIRKY

RE: Amstrad 901.

Post by CaptainKirk »

the amstrad i had the power socket was different than the cybernet it was more like the old midland/maxcom type but smaller
CAPTAIN KIRK-26TM013/26CT013/26UK013 John mobile South Cheshire.
kc
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by kc »

I have just had a look on the Knights site & there is a Amstrad connector which has one square & one round pin & this is not one of them.
But it is very small, like the one shown.
I tried the Ham Int power lead on the Amsttrad & although it was VERY loose, it did work sort of, but I am not sure I want to sit & hold it in place so I will try & either find a correct lead or a way of fitting the Ham Int lead more firmly.
The rig worked fine on RX. I only have the CP6 HF antenna & it was slightlyoff it's 10 meter band down there. But with the MFJ tuner exstender I got the SWR right doen to just below 2:1 on channels 1 through 20 & then as low as 1.2:1 on channel 40.
Power out put showed as around 4.25 watts. The volume control is a little noisy, but I'm told the rig has been in the loft for 20 plus years so I'm sure a drop of switch cleaner will sort that out.
Not bad for another Freecycle freebie.
So I passed this test that allows me to twiddle with knobs, push buttons & call my self an Advanced !!!!!!!
M0LSX
FoulOleRon

Post by FoulOleRon »

I managed to get a cheap 901, and I had a Cybernet 2pin power socket fitted to it (mainly because the Amstrad one is a bit harder to find than the Cybernet 2pin).