Blaenau gwent freqs

Scanning radio frequencies in Wales
welshmonitor
Regular
Regular

Blaenau gwent freqs

Post by welshmonitor »

Does anyone have any shopwatch freq for the above area please, ie ebbw vale, tredegar, abertillery, brynmawr, hate searched quite a few times with scanner an checked a few freq lists but they still elude me :( any help much appreciated
Uniden BTC15X,
Uniden 3500XLT
PlanePlotter with a RTL 1090 Dongle, Sharer "Pn"
alannah
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: Blaenau gwent freqs

Post by alannah »

welshmonitor wrote:Does anyone have any shopwatch freq for the above area please, ie ebbw vale, tredegar, abertillery, brynmawr, hate searched quite a few times with scanner an checked a few freq lists but they still elude me :( any help much appreciated
Hi Dave

I have nothing for Brynmawr, but the others I do have:

Ebbw Vale Storenet:
Base - 456.66875
Mobile - 462.16875

Abertillery Storenet:
Base - 453.46875
Mobile - 459.96875

Tredegar Storenet
Base - 453.08125
Mobile - 459.58125
welshmonitor
Regular
Regular

Post by welshmonitor »

Thanks alannah, much appreciated:) did u have them in your own log or did you have them from a published freq list?
Uniden BTC15X,
Uniden 3500XLT
alannah
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by alannah »

I had them marked down in my log but were supplied by my brother who lived in Abertillery but he moved at the beginning of December to Aberdare.

I will ask him if he has the Brynmawr details, I am due to see him tomorrow up ours mothers.
welshmonitor
Regular
Regular

Post by welshmonitor »

No probs, thanks for the help, i have concentrated so much on HF & Mil Air that i have not really worried about the local stuff till now, but have decided to see what i can find locally for a change, your help with freqs is much appreciated
Uniden BTC15X,
Uniden 3500XLT
alannah
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by alannah »

Let us know how you get on with the frequencies. I listen to the Caerphilly shopwatch every day (453.100) and things tend to hot up a bit coming up to Christmas.

I do find though that the channel can be silent for long periods but you should hear them signing on in mornings and signing off at night to confirm its still active.

You will also most likely find the same channels are used for the pubwatch as well mainly at night but could be busy in the day with this traffic in the run up to Christmas.

Also in Caerphilly the Police have a Storenet radio with them, callsign '99' so may follow a similar pattern up your way.
welshmonitor
Regular
Regular

Post by welshmonitor »

Not heard anything on them yet, but got them scanning so you never know when it might go active. On a different matter i had some activity on 173.0625 on friday 23/12 approx 1400hrs, went something like this " blue jacket & jeans entered vehicle (pause for few mins) taking a left left left, heading towards you now a right right right on the hil" etc etc, only lasted few mins then went quiet again, im thinking private investigator or maybe dwp (works & pensions) fraud team, but not to sure, any ideas??
Uniden BTC15X,
Uniden 3500XLT
alannah
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by alannah »

H Dave

Sorry for the delay in responding but the kids are on holiday at the moment!

My brother had nothing for Brynmawr shopwatch so perhaps they dont use anything, or he just couldn't find their frequency. If you find anything then let us know.

As for 173.0625, I have heard a lot of activity on this channel also 173.0500 and 169.3125.

As you may know these are UK General/simple channels that are used by many organisations, but I am convinced I have heard DWP investigators using these channels in the Caerphilly area.

A few years back they used to use 168.9125 regularly and I tracked them down on foot one day as they were watching a cleaner going to work in the morning to a local working mens club.

I even found the van with a video camera in the back that they had parked outside the club, it was an old BT van with an orange light on the top.

I havn't heard them on 168.9125 for a long time so think they are using the UK General VHF channels at present.
welshmonitor
Regular
Regular

Post by welshmonitor »

HI no probs on the delay or the freqs for brynmawr, yeah that freq was definatly either a private investigator, or dwp fraud team, will keep monitoring an maybe try an track them down in the future, will let you know if i hear anything further,

Thanks for the help & HAPPY NEW YEAR
Uniden BTC15X,
Uniden 3500XLT