Echolink vs. IRLP

A place to discuss internet linking of radio equipment, such as eQSO, FRN, iRLP, Echolink, and other such systems.
mrpurrfect69

Re: Echolink vs. IRLP

Post by mrpurrfect69 »

well after the email & the convo thats taken place yesterday aft on GB3WF it seems that the funding to run IRLP or echolink Is quite tight as it seems no one is quite willing to fund it.....like I said I have no problem if the repeater had to be moved to the land I have aquired at the rear of my home qth & would fund what ever it costs at running a pc to the repeater but aparently its not that simple as they have to go through certain channels.

RogerD wrote:So long as one end involves a radio, I don't see any problem with it on the air. And if both ends are on computers then there's no radio involved at all and it's not hurting anyone :P

Live and let live.
northern35s
Veteran
Veteran

Post by northern35s »

RogerD wrote:So long as one end involves a radio, I don't see any problem with it on the air. And if both ends are on computers then there's no radio involved at all and it's not hurting anyone :P

Live and let live.
I'm of a similar opinion, in fact using my iPhone via echolink uses RF at both ends :D

I'm not a regular user of echolink, too much DX to be had, and I don't currently use any repeaters either, so I guess my point is moot, but I like the concept and the ability to link repeaters gives the repeater network much greater access and the chance that underused repeaters see some use.
Mobile DXing from the car and on foot
Benny

Post by Benny »

does anyone use what is sometimes called the Ireland Gateway on 145.337.5 ??? Access is 118.8hz. had some interesting chats on there.
QRP Rules OK!
g4ilo

Post by g4ilo »

Benny wrote:does anyone use what is sometimes called the Ireland Gateway on 145.337.5 ??? Access is 118.8hz. had some interesting chats on there.
I presume you mean the Echolink Ireland conference? It usually has many stations connected into it, mostly from places other than Ireland. When my Echolink node is running I often connect into it and I have had some good QSOs there. The frequency you mention is specific to the repeater or node you are using to access it. My node is on 145.2125 / 77Hz in West Cumbria.
Julian, G4ILO
Elecraft K3, KX3, K2, Yaesu FT-817, Kenwood TM-D710, TH-D72, TH-205E,
Baofeng UV-3R, UV-5R, Wouxun KG-699E, Motorola GP300, Albrecht AE2990AFS

G4ILO's Shack - G4ILO's Blog

*Message from Admin - Julian Sadly passed away on 24th October 2014. R.I.P. Julian.
mrpurrfect69

Post by mrpurrfect69 »

well aparently it carn't be funded which is a laugh.......WF lately anyway has spent more time un-operational than what it has fully operational........... I have a plot of land in allerton with some great views across west yorks with electricity on it so it would'nt be a problem but changing locations would have to go through the rite channels.......... I'm working on my own project anyways involving 2 gm300's working from the site I have as like I say the views are quite stunning & may as well take advantage of it by having a working repeater up there for my own benefits!!

Thanks again for your comments
MikeSE9
Regular
Regular

Post by MikeSE9 »

mrpurrfect69 wrote:well aparently it carn't be funded which is a laugh.......WF lately anyway has spent more time un-operational than what it has fully operational........... I have a plot of land in allerton with some great views across west yorks with electricity on it so it would'nt be a problem but changing locations would have to go through the rite channels.......... I'm working on my own project anyways involving 2 gm300's working from the site I have as like I say the views are quite stunning & may as well take advantage of it by having a working repeater up there for my own benefits!!

Thanks again for your comments
Hi,
You will only get an NOV for the repeater if you have a full licence,
And I was just wandering why monitor 143.625mhz 24/7 should it be 144.625

Regards Mike
mrpurrfect69

Post by mrpurrfect69 »

143.625............... I have a group of around 10 radios programmed to that frequency which are used to have comms with pals around bfd which works quite well......... did have the option @ programming them to the 144mhz but nasty old men would'nt have appreciated that would they having half the pals un-licensed...been on that frequency over a year now & never had any hassle nor questions!!! All fully equipt with DVP encryption so to the listener will just sound like a load of white noise!!!
Regards mrpurrfect69
Benny

Post by Benny »

I have a local repeater/node/gateway which feeds into the Ireland Conference. It is on 145.3375 ctcss is 118,7 . I will be on there tonight if anyone fancys a chat?
QRP Rules OK!
mrpurrfect69

Post by mrpurrfect69 »

Benny wrote:I have a local repeater/node/gateway which feeds into the Ireland Conference. It is on 145.3375 ctcss is 118,7 . I will be on there tonight if anyone fancys a chat?
i heard this gateway tonight was a scratchy s1 i should of tried to connect too it lol spent most of the eve on 144.8375 echolink repeater wrkin into scunthorpe & the east coast
GW0DIV
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: GW0DIV

Post by GW0DIV »

143.625MHz is the ISS downlink to Moscow flight control, It's primarily an MOD band - but paragliders tend to use 143.950 (sometimes up into 144MHz!)
http://www.facebook.com/southwalesradio

http://www.radioclubs.net/rars/

Twitter: @GW0DIV

President of Bristol Channel Repeater Group