in car charger

A place to discuss airband listening, frequencies and anything related to this area of the hobby.
kal
Regular
Regular

in car charger

Post by kal »

hi is it possible to get a car charger for a 3500xlt and when putting in channels do i need to set the ctcss or dcs and what do i use theattenuator for many thank for any help.
5thElement
Veteran
Veteran

Re: in car charger

Post by 5thElement »

Im not sure about the car charger.

There's no need to put in ctcss/dcs tones. The only reason you would is to let only one user on the frequency come through (look up a description of what ctcss does if this confuses you)

The attenuator will reduce the received signal so leave it off! it's for when you're being overloaded by a strong signal, which to be honest is pretty rare in my experience! so leave it off otherwise you wont receive much!
2E0XGA
Lurch
Regular
Regular

Post by Lurch »

Not seen a car charger specifically for the scanner (not been looking that hard tbh) but the 2 options are to use a in car adapter with the correct output voltage and current to match the mains charger. CPC etc... do universal multivoltage ones. Other option is get a 230V inverter, if you look in the right places you can get one for about £20 odd, more useful than the aforementioned adapter as you then have a car charger for everything that has a mains charger. :)
Stuart.
fez
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fez »

If your good with electronics you can easily make/mod your own that will work with the 3500xlt. This is what I did.

If not I then have a look here: http://www.webbedingen.com/uniden/DC-ca ... t_172.html
kal
Regular
Regular

Post by kal »

many thanks for the help