UBC785XLT

General scanning discussion forum. Talk about anything to do with scanners, equipment, VHF/UHF reception and the art of catching those illusive signals!
Transit80
New User
New User

UBC785XLT

Post by Transit80 »

Does anyone use a UBC785XLT scanner for aircraft??. How do you programme it??? Do you programme it manually or use a computer??, if you use a computer what software do you use???. Ive tried using ARC 785 from BUTEL and it does not work as it is USA based though they did not tell me that when purchased.
I would be chuffed if someone can help or else it might go in the bin!!.

Chris.
WED BERRAM EXUM TAE.
milly
Call Sign: redacted

Re: UBC785XLT

Post by milly »

Haven't used it in years but Gommert's ARC785 worked fine in the UK. Why do you say it "won't work as it is USA based"?
"Search engine? How do I find that?"
"Sod it, let someone else do it"
Transit80
New User
New User

Post by Transit80 »

Hi Milly, been trying to get it to work for some time now off and on and after asking questions in a few other forums and trying different ideas I decided to get in touch with BUTEL and their reply was that Radio Reference only worked with the USA based version not the UK Radio Reference which to me is daft as Im in the UK, why sell it to me??. Their final answer was : Butel software
Sorry i am not going to discuss this, it is clearly shown that we download from radioreference.com. We are a 3rd party in this.
If this was the case how are people using it, unless all they want is US frequencies??.
I purchased ARC785 from BUTEL a few years ago after being told it was the only software to work with my 785, well, it might have worked then but it doesn`t now.
Are Gommert and Butel the same ??, if not do you have a copy of Gommerts software??
Sorry to bore you with this.

Chris
WED BERRAM EXUM TAE.
bigboss55
Registered New User
Registered New User

Post by bigboss55 »

http://dx.torensma.net/

UnidenCommander is what I use. Works a treat on my 785XLT.
Transit80
New User
New User

Post by Transit80 »

Tried to down load that and I got this:
Not Found

The requested URL /files/pub/uc/UnidenCommander.zip&version=v0.3.3 was not found on this server.

Chris
WED BERRAM EXUM TAE.
milly
Call Sign: redacted

Post by milly »

Gommert owns Butel.

The software should work fine to program and backup the scanner memories

I still don't understand why you say the software "won't work as it is USA based" - - the import from RadioReference is a single part of the software and will work BUT the RR database is primarily US stuff so of pretty much no use to someone in the UK

IF what you were asking was would it work with Rick King's immitation of RadioReference then no, it won't. Rick King's rruk (presumably hanging on the coat-tails of a very successful and well known bulletin board/database/wiki based in the USA) has nothing whatsoever to do with the original RadioReference.

If you clear up exactly what it is you are trying to do and on which operating system there are also other software options (the Radio Reference wiki will have a page with them)

I haven't used it but the UnidenCommander mentioned above can be downloaded via: https://downloads.sourceforge.net/proje ... eforge.net

edited to add the RadioReference wiki page for legacy bearcrap models:
https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.p ... re_Support
"Search engine? How do I find that?"
"Sod it, let someone else do it"