Home of the Tango Mike DX Group - Transmission1's very own CB/11m DX group. All club related chat, QSL Card downloads and membership issues/requests to be posted here.
Johnboy
Registered New User
Registered New User

Post by Johnboy »

I wish to join tango Mike I need a call sign I'm from 26 Sheffield my name is John the numbers I will take any that's fine by me I will just take note of them on a note pad I am very new to CB and ham but have a very strong interest as I know a good few ham members already in my area once again all names and call handle noted down in a note pad as my memory is what you would a brick {bnghd} so I all ways take note look like i have a long list to write out of replys and meaning high lighted dont know if im doing right as i dont have a printer to print page off other wise i would but yes thats me in a nut shell thanks for letting me join the world of dx please please have patience with the {bnghd} training me I do understand your frustration dut im not the sharpest tool in the box but you don't always throw away blunt tools you can sharpen them once in a while and they do make you :D
Wriggly Ron
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: M7XDN

Re: New member

Post by Wriggly Ron »

Hi Johnboy, thought I'd say hi. Im a new member here myself and it does seem pretty quiet here these days. I'm not sure anyone is monitoring the call sign request thread so I would just choose a number that hasn't been requested and away you go. I chose 26-TM-924, as no one was using it. I notice 26TM 2024 is available so you could use that? Or just use 26-TM-Johnboy if you wanted to! Just add it in the Tango Mike Membership Requests 2023 thread and hope for the best!

Hope you have fun - it is a blast contacting (or I believe the term is 'working') a station in another country. It all seems like chaos to start with, but listen on 27.555 USB or 26.275 or 285 LSB and you'll soon grasp what's going on.