Old school setup

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
NightProwler
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 163TM186

Old school setup

Post by NightProwler »

Having a week off work I got on with the normal household list of jobs to do, Wallpaper the bathroom, Paint the bedroom, Oil change the car, Build a small altar to Satan, learn Beethoven's piano concerto number 4 on the banjo..Normal crap. Anyway I was bored after doing all that so the last idea I had rattling around my old noodle box was to setup a retro CB setup. I use a Kenwood and Yaesu with a Sirio GM normally but theres something about using the old stuff. Anyway I got my Mustang 2000 hooked up to a very old 9 up 9 down dipole on the garden shed, Good SWR, bent, corroded and covered in bird crap but working a hell of a lot better than expected. Loads of fun. 10-4 good buddies :thumbup:
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Re: Old school setup

Post by The Collector »

Get that DV27, metal biscuit tin and sheet of bacofoil up in the loft for your next "those were the days" project ;)
NightProwler
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 163TM186

Post by NightProwler »

I was going to set something up next to my bed and run some coax into the attic connected to a firestik but she looked at me stupid so that aint happening :lol:
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death
skyrider
Regular
Regular

Post by skyrider »

yeah i think a lot of us started with a mobile antenna fixed to a biscuit tin , it probably got us to the end of the village :crazy: