CB Uk before and after being made legal

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
Tim Tom
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 26SW010

Re: CB Uk before and after being made legal

Post by Tim Tom »

The Collector wrote: 12 Jan 2019, 20:36 What do they use them for anyway? Do they shout "Sh** , I'm stuck in a big puddle/hedge/pothole etc, someone give us a tow out will ya?" on them????
Yeah basically warn each other of somthing dodgy coming up, or help im stuck etc. Mainly because when people do off roading they go as big groups and it helps keep the group connected so that if someone at the back is stuck the can help etc
26-SW-010
26-TM-087

Tim The Milky Bar Kid
108EH002
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by 108EH002 »

Some truckers have more than a sh1t 40ch CB in the cab for talking to other truckers,like the truckers I know who have passed their foundation test ( and some who haven't passed any test and ignore rules )and run hf sets on 27 MHz ;)
Plenty are talking worldwide on 27.555 usb,
Some are too far up their own @rse to admit it,
Many happen to know otherwise dx-ing test free,
Showing a complete lack of respect for the law.

27.555 Usb
Tim Tom
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 26SW010

Post by Tim Tom »

Well cb in my area is more alive that I thought, just sat on top of a local hill and heard a fair few local FM stations... Could I get a reply? Could I bugger haha. Dunno if it was because I was on a hill and not putting out enough power or this superstar 3900 I bought second hand off ebay is knackered... Only problem with not know anyone local, I can't test to see if a radio is work or not...
26-SW-010
26-TM-087

Tim The Milky Bar Kid