Internal antenna co-ax connector

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Internal antenna co-ax connector

Post by The Collector »

Hi all.

Does anyone have one of this type of co-ax connector knocking around perchance, or know of anything very, very similar that could be easily adapted?

It's from the inside of a t40 mobile aerial boot-mount and I'm after one for a mate. I've taken my own mount apart to take a couple of pic's of the connector in question. The co-ax could be soldered directly into the mount, but that's not an ideal solution if one of these can be sourced.

Cheers TM1.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dieselfitter
Regular
Regular

Re: Internal antenna co-ax connector

Post by dieselfitter »

looks similar to DIN plugs off hi-fi or car stereos ??
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

We'd looked at different aerial connectors and adapters. Those ones fit internally (not externally) on the outer piece and the inner sticks out way too far. I suggested the co-ax could simply be soldered in place, but that's not the way to go if it can be helped.
Thanks though ;)
satelitesid

Post by satelitesid »

Motorola type plug for car stereo antenna lead maybe?
lambrettadave
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: TM455

Post by lambrettadave »

Is it not possible to both the female and male connectors to something more readily available?
CALL SIGN 26TM455 OPERATOR DAVE QTH SUNDERLAND

http://www.flickr.com/photos/88011785@N06/ for CB magazine.reviews

http://www.youtube.com/user/lambrettadave7 for some vids of my radios.
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

I haven't got the pictures on my phone anymore Dave, but the receiving connector on the base itself is part of the moulded base, not a separate fly-lead etc. There's no way of adapting it whatsoever.

The only other way would be to solder the co-ax on directly which isn't a collector's ideal choice. This is actually to help out Mark, Bigpimp who has a Tagra t40 aerial and boot-lip mount like mine, but the connector and co-ax are missing. I've never seen this particular connector used in any other aerial.

I took my own base apart and sent him a few pic's so he can look out for one, but I thought I'd ask on here too as I can use my base for reference if anything looked close.

I'm still on the lookout for the associated Tagra t40 magmount for it, but they're very hard to come by.