What are these worth?

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
NightProwler
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 163TM186

What are these worth?

Post by NightProwler »

It's clear out time in the shack again. I dont want to go through ebay for obvious reasons so I will advertise on this wonderful forum, Problem is im not sure what this stuff is worth so I was wondering if anyone could help out?

Ham International Concorde 2. Almost mint condition and boxed with everythiing except the manual. Un-modded and working although it could do with a tune up as it's been sat in a cupboard for years.

Zetagi 5 digit frequency counter in the box

Any ideas dudes?

Cheers all...Rich :thumbup:
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Re: What are these worth?

Post by The Collector »

SOLD...a fiver's in the post ;)

On a more serious note...

The Concorde II maybe about £80-£100 and the counter £30-£35 off the top of my head???

Prices on here will obviously be lower than you'll likely fetch on ebay, but as you've said, you can get messed about on there, plus possibly lose up to 25% of your profits if you don't sell when there's a deal on.

I don't buy/sell SSB stuff so I may be out a bit on my idea of prices. I'm sure others will help out.
astradyne

Post by astradyne »

Nice couple of bits you have there Rich.

I'd happily buy the Concorde 2 for £80.
Never, ever, ever....bloody anything ever!

Far too many radio's to list here. But I do own a legal one...
NightProwler
Veteran
Veteran

Post by NightProwler »

Hmmm ok im being bombarded with offers now, Maybe I should auction it after all. Also got an AOR AR2000 handheld scanner and a rather nice SS120FM with original mic, Again I have no idea what these are worth.
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

You'll probably get £100-£120+ on ebay for the Conky2 if you get it to end on the right day at the right time, but then you take the risk. At least selling on here has got to be safer and there's no fees.

However, saying that, I've heard though that Mr.Weetabix may start charging commission of a pack of Jaffa Cakes for every item advertised soon ;)
NightProwler
Veteran
Veteran

Post by NightProwler »

I find the Happy shopper jaffa cakes are much nicer than the original ones and they are only 99P a box so it works out cheaper than ebay. On a serious note though why cant we advertise equipment on here with a 'make me an offer' option? I got a few items to clear out and I have no idea what they are really worth. I dont want to charge RTI prices but then I dont really want to give stuff away for silly money. It's like the AOR scanner I have, Is it worth £5 or £50? I have no idea :think:
Mitch
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: M1TCH

Post by Mitch »

NightProwler wrote: 29 Jul 2018, 09:29 .... On a serious note though why cant we advertise equipment on here with a 'make me an offer' option? I got a few items to clear out and I have no idea what they are really worth. ...
That's a good idea, got a few bits myself, don't want to give 'em away but hardly worth the post + fees as well as the bother for fleabay. If the site admins see fit I'd offer a pack of Chocolate Hobnobs for an 'offers' section. :D

I like ginger bickies myself, I really miss the 'no frills' ones from Kwiksave, just the nicest ever. :thumbup:
The perfect face for radio.
WARLOCK
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM134

Post by WARLOCK »

NightProwler , You have found a way round the ( make me a offer ) rule on this forum (its like the AOR scanner i have , is it worth £5 or £50 i have no idea ) ???
NightProwler
Veteran
Veteran

Post by NightProwler »

Kwiksave? Ahhh memories. That was my first job when I left school at 15 :D I prefer chocolate bourbons myself.
Buick Mackane

Post by Buick Mackane »

NightProwler wrote: 29 Jul 2018, 09:29 why cant we advertise equipment on here with a 'make me an offer' option?
Often wondered that myself rich, I'm sure mr weety will jump in and enlighten us
I Am the great cornholio are you threatening me ?
NightProwler
Veteran
Veteran

Post by NightProwler »

Yeah I cant see the problem either. You advertise something and someone offers you a price, You either say yes or no.
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

We could start "TM1bay", highest bidder after 48hrs wins the item.

Any unhonoured deals gets them either booted off TM1, or subjected to using only a Fidelity 1000 on a daily basis for a year. I'd certainly pay my dues!

On a similar subject - A few years ago, I agreed to buy an item on here for the advertised price, which I felt was a good deal. The deal collapsed later that day after the seller got a better deal from another member and decided to sell to them for the extra amount..probably only a fiver or tenner more as it was only a £30 uk radio.
Things like this can cause arguments and fall-outs, so caution is advised, especially if the amount offered is hidden from others. It can also possibly mean the seller could inflate the price after some interest has been shown by saying they'd been offered "X" amount already, even if they hadn't.

I know 99% of the people on here would probably abide by the rules, but there's always a newbie that might not fully understand, or someone that just doesn't give two hoots that'd ignore them.
Last edited by The Collector on 29 Jul 2018, 15:37, edited 1 time in total.
NightProwler
Veteran
Veteran

Post by NightProwler »

TM1bay? I like the sound of that. A TM1 only aution site just for radios. RTI not welcome :D
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

I thought about "Tranny-bay", but thought that might attract the wrong sort of people ;)
NightProwler
Veteran
Veteran

Post by NightProwler »

Well Admiral would join straight away