TYT Dual Band

Use this section to discuss Digital Amateur Radio operations, such as D-Star and other digitally-encoded traffic
bozzy

Re: TYT Dual Band

Post by bozzy »

Thanks for the info.

Do you have info or a source on the CE issue please?

Just personal interest after going on a CE marking course.

Regards
bozzy
bigbloke wrote:Hi all,

However, I have read elsewhere that there is an accreditation delay which could push production back to June
or July rather than the end of May . The message said that it was CE acreditation but nothing has appeared on
the FCC website recently

Regards

BB
bigbloke
Top Poster
Top Poster
Location: Nominally Newport (South Wales) but potentially "anywhere"

Post by bigbloke »

My info came from a eu based potential supplier who had a conference call with
TYT around a fortnight ago.

As I understand the process, TYT go to a local chinese test house (usually Bay Labs) , hand over the goods
and the cash , Tell the test house what spec they want it testing to. get tested, send the spec to the EU or FCC
declaring compliance. if the results are accepted they get an FCCID (USA) or a CE mark (EU) however the latter
may have an exclusions number e.g. CE (700!)

If they dont pass they have to go back to the factory, fix it , go for re-compliance.

There was also an issue with the "retail supply chain" I believe the body who have negotiated a commercial deal
with TYT to become the formal european distributor, had experienced issues which they were working to solve too.

Regards

BB
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

I think that any retailer who doesn't sign up for a few hundred units initially will be mad because these are going to fly off the shelves, I have one on pre-order, and when the price drops a bit after 12 months I'll probably get a second one.
It will also be interesting to see if the Far East eBayers get their hands on them and undercut the regional retailers.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
delboyonline
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by delboyonline »

Got my hands on one......

http://delboyonline.blogspot.co.uk/

More to come on my blog soon.
delboyonline
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by delboyonline »

delboyonline
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: TYT Dual Band MD-2017

Post by delboyonline »

A little bit of RX on the 'Local' repeater....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zZlTWYVFdk
stanogs68
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stanogs68 »

Admiral wrote:I think that any retailer who doesn't sign up for a few hundred units initially will be mad because these are going to fly off the shelves, I have one on pre-order, and when the price drops a bit after 12 months I'll probably get a second one.
It will also be interesting to see if the Far East eBayers get their hands on them and undercut the regional retailers.
what have you paid Admiral if its not too cheeky if it is ignore this post :thumbup:
love your familly
bigbloke
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by bigbloke »

Admiral wrote:I think that any retailer who doesn't sign up for a few hundred units initially will be mad because these are going to fly off the shelves, I have one on pre-order, and when the price drops a bit after 12 months I'll probably get a second one.
Well I hope thats the case because TYT have joined the euro distribution cartel and are now price fixing starting with the 2017 model

Code: Select all

Dear Valued Customers,
Starting September 2017,Jan, 1 st, TYT is introducing MAP Policy guidelines for the Ecommerce Business.
MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) is a policy coming into effect in order to regulate the market pricing for 
all TYT Dealers.

This pricing policy does not apply to all products, but it does apply to NEW MODEL which is released in 
2017 and future. if anyone find the dealer do not follow MAP for MD-2017 or other new model, please 
kindly contact me, we will do some strongly way for those dealer. 

As always, we appreciate your business and thank you!
source=[email protected]

for me the best news is the 2017 , MD380 and the upcoming 9600 all support 128 bit common encryption :

Code: Select all

Dear [BB}
MD-9600 use the same encryption as MD-380/
All TYT dual time slot, such as MD-380  MD-390 MD-446 M D-2017, MD-9600, all is same encryption/
Your next information will be appreicated.
source=[email protected]

but theres rumours of the MD9600 may be as much as USD 368 from US Suppliers.

I gather for the trialists theres also a new firmware update for the 2017 but theres no release notes to say what this fixes.

regards

BB
Last edited by bigbloke on 08 Jun 2017, 08:58, edited 1 time in total.
bigbloke
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by bigbloke »

delboyonline wrote:Got my hands on one......
Howay Del Boy! been a few years - hope you're well

That "12-bore like" squelch close!!! its like going back to the dark days of the PX777! sheesh! needs a
10nf cap across the gate circuit

also Im guessing you're about 14 miles from the airport? but there was quite a bit of IF phase noise on the signal
considering you were on an external antenna ? is there good line of sight ?

Regards

BB
(waiting for the 9600 - I reckon around september - theyre using the 2017 to iron out software bugs)
delboyonline
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by delboyonline »

Got some great reports from the locals, it has good strong and clear TX audio.

RX appears to match my other handhelds.

The airport uhf comms are relatively low power and I don't have line of sight from my location.

I can't fault the radio to be honest apart from a few small firmware niggles and I expect the final retail version to be a decent radio.
bigbloke
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by bigbloke »

tyt announced a firmware update for trialists yesterday or the day before.

[email protected] for details . Ive fed a couple of typos in this week myself

regards

BB
delboyonline
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by delboyonline »

Moonraker version of the radio, the HT-500d

http://delboyonline.blogspot.co.uk/2017 ... 17-in.html
Auldgeek
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: GM0BRJ

Post by Auldgeek »

The Retevis version (RT-82) is now available from a number of Eastern fleebay dealers.
Price between £170-£180 inc delivery although the usual risk (albeit low) of import duties remain.
Auldgeek - Drew

Winner of IBTL Autumn 23 Edition
I've changed radios so many times, I've forgotten what I have :think:
BK
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by BK »

kilimax wrote:The Retevis version (RT-82) is now available from a number of Eastern fleebay dealers.
Price between £170-£180 inc delivery although the usual risk (albeit low) of import duties remain.
Looking at the ebay listings it's not just a different name badge, it's a whole different case (Retevis and Moonraker the same as each other but different from the TYT).
Auldgeek
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: GM0BRJ

Post by Auldgeek »

BK wrote:
kilimax wrote:The Retevis version (RT-82) is now available from a number of Eastern fleebay dealers.
Looking at the ebay listings it's not just a different name badge, it's a whole different case (Retevis and Moonraker the same as each other but different from the TYT).
So side by side for comparison. I read that the TYT antenna base contains the GPS antenna although I'm not clear if this model is GPS enabled.
The Retevis, like the Moonraker is the obvious copy. Very close though in looks and if you read the blurb, they are identical internally.

I own a Retevis RT-3 which is a 100% clone of the TYT MD-380 and I'm not expecting this to be any different.

Image Image
Auldgeek - Drew

Winner of IBTL Autumn 23 Edition
I've changed radios so many times, I've forgotten what I have :think: