music on 555

Scanning radio frequencies for Scotland
falkirk1976

music on 555

Post by falkirk1976 »

some reject blockn out 555 with music.i would love to understand the point of this
andymuza
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: music on 555

Post by andymuza »

Unfortunately I have heard a lot of this sort of behaviour since I got back in 11. Not just music but people making stupid noises, transmitting data noise and generally shouting crap mostly in Italian.
I will not be commanded, I will not be controlled.
n+1 the formula for working out how many radios you need with n being the current amount.
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Post by MrWeetabix »

pretty standard stuff I am afraid. At least that feckin Donkey hasn't been back this year,......
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
ChelseaCat
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 26PS001

Post by ChelseaCat »

We used to use 26.285mhz USB when 555 got to busy, I have only managed a few contacts on there for many years now though, it used to be a great escape.
108EH002
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by 108EH002 »

:crazy: The air raid siren is nippy :crazy: sometimes better to just find a quiet frequency and shout out,usually someone will come back to you.
Plenty are talking worldwide on 27.555 usb,
Some are too far up their own @rse to admit it,
Many happen to know otherwise dx-ing test free,
Showing a complete lack of respect for the law.

27.555 Usb
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Post by MrWeetabix »

Skyscraper wrote::crazy: The air raid siren is nippy :crazy: sometimes better to just find a quiet frequency and shout out,usually someone will come back to you.
is that thing back is it?
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
108EH002
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by 108EH002 »

MrWeetabix wrote:
Skyscraper wrote::crazy: The air raid siren is nippy :crazy: sometimes better to just find a quiet frequency and shout out,usually someone will come back to you.
is that thing back is it?
It was on the day of my post,but thankfully not heard it since.Most who @rse about on the band's are just doing it to stop other's from enjoying the hobby or are just looking to get either attention or a wee thrill from the comment's that follow when the transmitted nonsense has stopped.There will always be idiot's in this crazy world,it's how you rise above it and avoid them that really matter's.

27.555 Usb
andymuza
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by andymuza »

There was a fair bit of music on 555 today unfortunately.

I went on to 11mtrs today to escape the contest but the good ole nutters on 555 made me go back to the ham bands.
n+1 the formula for working out how many radios you need with n being the current amount.
bigpimp347
Registered New User
Registered New User

Post by bigpimp347 »

as i always say..
back in the day of CB and real DXers non of this happened..
but since the people that policed the bands and respected the bands have either passed away, found the internet or just gave up due to the up coming **** the bands CB and SSB have gone to pot..
the ones causing the problems are either those from back in the day that wouldn't dare fart on channel let alone cause grief or are those that enjoy being talked about on forums and the world wide web, gives them a status and a reason to breath..

good old lynch mobs and policing is needed, but now days there's not enough of us to clean up the bands, let alone enough to actually care, leave them too it, life's too short and there's plenty of other bands and channels to go on..
I want to Die Asleep like my Grandad did,
Unlike his Passengers, Screaming and Shouting.!
ChrisCSL
Banned
Banned

Post by ChrisCSL »

11m is trash.

As many have said; ''If you don't like it, then spin the VFO''.

No music tonight on 7MHz if you have a licence, or ''a bit below 7 MHz'' if you don't. ;)
andymuza
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by andymuza »

Problem is Big Pimp, the ones spoiling 555 now are not in this country. Italians and Spanish are the worst for it.
KlondikeMike
Call Sign: 9WR2000

Post by KlondikeMike »

Just shows you that there is a lot of mental illness out there. We have the same problems over here in North America. Blame the health system for not handing out enough med's.
kr0ne
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kr0ne »

bigpimp347 wrote:as i always say..
back in the day of CB and real DXers non of this happened..
but since the people that policed the bands and respected the bands have either passed away, found the internet or just gave up due to the up coming **** the bands CB and SSB have gone to pot..
the ones causing the problems are either those from back in the day that wouldn't dare fart on channel let alone cause grief or are those that enjoy being talked about on forums and the world wide web, gives them a status and a reason to breath..

good old lynch mobs and policing is needed, but now days there's not enough of us to clean up the bands, let alone enough to actually care, leave them too it, life's too short and there's plenty of other bands and channels to go on..
Don't you enjoy doing the same thing to PMR446 users BP?
108EH002
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by 108EH002 »

11M is trash in your opinion chris and you are entitled to have that point of view,funny you say if CB radio return's (is up here anyway) that you would use it again in future {bnghd} but the amateur band's have a lot of nonsense aswell don't forget,as for 7Mhz being music free,that was the other night that you listened in.If you have listened to 40M this year like I and many other's have,you might see there are plenty who want to upset the U.K amateur's aswell,some amateur some not for various reason's.To confirm this took place on a regular basis this year just look in the amateur section on here or some of the other U.K radio forum's for confirmation that it is not a one off.

27.555 Usb