6665khz usb

A place to discuss the HF and Shortwave listening side of the radio hobby. Discuss equipment, frequencies and antenna systems etc. Anything HF!
Mattylad
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: RDX64

Re: 6665khz usb

Post by Mattylad »

Excuse the noob but what are you on about?
Whats EC?
ChrisCSL
Banned
Banned

Post by ChrisCSL »

Mattylad wrote:Excuse the noob but what are you on about?
Whats EC?
http://www.freebanding.co.uk/echo_charlie.htm

It's like freebanding, except it works.

It's the next level up in naughtiness from freebanding on 11m. If you get caught you will be punished. But hardly anybody has.
ChrisCSL
Banned
Banned

Post by ChrisCSL »

I have listened a lot to Echo-Charlie on 6MHz.

Echo-Charlie users are a little 'different' to Freebanders. They adopt LSB when everybody else uses USB. They are knowledgeable, and know that there are a few spot frequencies to avoid and they avoid them. They would automatically QSY from any frequency when asked to do so by a professional station. There is an 'etiquette'.

The mandate of our beloved Ofcom is to respond to and investigate reports of interference by primary users. But there have been none about Echo-Charlie.

Echo Charlie on 6MHz goes back a long time - to the 1950s. It was probably not started by 'pirates' at all, but by errant MARS members. The Yanks of course claim everything below 40m for one service that they hardly ever use now. Greedy greedy Yanks.

In fact they will probably disband MARS soon, because the American servicemen now use E-mail, txt and Skype like everybody else.

I have a ham licence to protect, so I cannot use it - openly at least - and of course I can go on 40m legally. But I am not your nanny.
Mattylad
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Mattylad »

So is that who's on 7.158mhz at the moment?
ChrisCSL
Banned
Banned

Post by ChrisCSL »

I can hear a 'G' and - from the accent presumably a 'GW' chatting.

I presume that in the next 10 minutes or so they will give their callsigns, as required.

It's a myth that they have to give it every over.
Mattylad
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Mattylad »

I thought the ham band stopped at 7.1mhz?
ChrisCSL
Banned
Banned

Post by ChrisCSL »

Mattylad wrote:I thought the ham band stopped at 7.1mhz?
No, it's 7.2 now.
Mattylad
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Mattylad »

I need to stop using http://users.whsmithnet.co.uk/m0dad/ama ... encies.htm then.
I could do with a small list of the band plans etc so I can print it and carry it with the radio :)
"The noobs guide to ham bands and mobile DXing" lol

I might interrupt them then as I need a microphone check between my Kenwood and Yaesu ones :)
Mark-in-Essex
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Mark-in-Essex »

Mattylad wrote:I need to stop using http://users.whsmithnet.co.uk/m0dad/ama ... encies.htm then.
I could do with a small list of the band plans etc so I can print it and carry it with the radio :)
"The noobs guide to ham bands and mobile DXing" lol

I might interrupt them then as I need a microphone check between my Kenwood and Yaesu ones :)

Try this Matt http://thersgb.org/services/bandplans/h ... 2014-1.htm most up to date you will get.
ChelseaCat
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 26PS001

Post by ChelseaCat »

UK Chat going on now 6675.00 http://websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/
ChrisCSL
Banned
Banned

Post by ChrisCSL »

Russian OTHR now on 6950.

Do they need a licence, or ask permission for a megawatt?

No.

... Then neither do we for maybe 10 to 100 Watts.
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Post by MrWeetabix »

ChrisCSL wrote:Russian OTHR now on 6950.

Do they need a licence, or ask permission for a megawatt?

No.

... Then neither do we for maybe 10 to 100 Watts.
I wonder if the Russians would avoid HF Air Traffic frequemncies with they "son of the woodpecker" jobbie.
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

Yeah, grass, snitch, blah, blah, I'm too old and too crippled up with arthritis to take any of you into the carpark, but I really care not a flying fig about your attempts to bully by text.

I have an opinion, and that opinion is that most freebanding is fair game at your own risk, but EC is too close to some sensitive services for my liking, and therefore I cannot, and will not condone their actions.

Feel free to continue with your moronic outbursts, just because we don't agree doesn't mean you're correct, likewise it doesn't mean I'm correct either, but we are all entitled to an opinion, if you don't like my opinion then tough titty.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
antenna1

Post by antenna1 »

6665khz is in the transatlantic aeronautical HF Band which is 6525-6765khz :? who ever transmits here is taking a big risk apart from the main ground control stations any frequency here can be used if the main back up frequency can not be used for some reason and air force also use this frequency range too
ChrisCSL
Banned
Banned

Post by ChrisCSL »

I've put the link up at the top of the thread. You have to be intelligent, do your research, and avoid frequencies where you may cause problems. Generally the higher the better.

If you use your brains, they will never even know that you are there. They just dial-in their allocated channels and rightly expect them to be free. They don't 'surf the bands' like we do.

Echo Charlie is not CB. It is 'Pirate Radio'

It was around for decades before anybody on this side of the pond had ever heard of CB. There is a gentlemens' etiquette between legit users and Echo Charlies. The Echo Charlie will always either QSY or QRT when asked.

Come on there and act like a UK forty muppet, and the Echo Charlies will probably track you down themselves and shop you.