Airband radio or a big rocket? lol

A place to discuss airband listening, frequencies and anything related to this area of the hobby.
LeakyFeeder
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Airband radio or a big rocket? lol

Post by LeakyFeeder »

thelad wrote:
LeakyFeeder wrote:I have a NPPL.....
lol this guys been every where and done every thing.
Really ? Happily meet you somewhere and show you my private pilots licence..an log book... ;)

Go on be brave.... :lol:
thelad
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by thelad »

No thank you,think i have made my point lol spoken to somebody at CAA and have been told not to use safety com as this may conflict with other users in the area, not to use a red flare unless runing a large show and as a last resort as this may confuse the pilot, but i can buy an airband transmitter and request the aircraft to leave the airspace coverd by the notam as long as i have permission from land owner/freq owner and that the person using the ground radio has done a radio course or a PPL holder that has done the radio side. But the guy said really i should get the regs and make a complaint to CAA so they can send a nasty letter but i dont really want them to get a ass kicking i just want them to see how unsafe they are being! Hes checked the notams and said no problem with them.
Uniden UBC120XLT
Uniden USC230E
Uniden UBC3500XLT
Binatone PMR MR500 x2
Magiksun TM-490 (BF-888) x3
Baofeng BF-888
TTI TSC 100R
Baofeng UVB5
Zastone D900
Icom IC-R6
kr0ne
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kr0ne »

You could always ask the modellers to each take a large square of coloured cardboard and then line up on the ground to spell out the message of your choice... :lol: