A place for new members to say hello and to introduce yourself.

If you're not sure where to post, try here!
unclebuck
Regular
Regular

Post by unclebuck »

Just popping in to say hi.

After 10 years of not picking up a radio after seeing some Motorola 446 radio's up for grabs locally my interest has been renewed, It's amazing how much you can forget in 10 years, Although the basic principles are still there.

I still have a couple of sets of 446 and would like to look into the possibility of DX or 70 cms DX.
Guzzy
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 26TM002

Re: Newbie

Post by Guzzy »

UHF DX'ing?

Corr, you don't like making life easy for yourself do you? :lol:

Welcome to the forums! :D
unclebuck
Regular
Regular

Post by unclebuck »

I have too much time on my hands! And need to hunt around the scrapyards for pieces of metal to make some really high gain antenna's! :lol:

No jokes aside I would like to design some damn good antenna's for 446 and maybe even patent them, Yagi's, Mobile, Base station, Handheld antenna's.

Even pump up mast's! :roll: Who says that 0.5 Watts is not enough!

10db antenna gain. hmmm 0.5 watt handset attached to a 10db beam = 10 watts of rf gain. :D
NightProwler
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 163TM186

Post by NightProwler »

'Do I have to talk dirty to you? Come on! Open up for daddy! I'm gonna shove a load into you! Here we go! Come on, it's nice and easy. Aaah! Come on, here we go! Ah! Take that! Take that! Come on! You don't want the crowbar, do you? Come on! OPEN UP! UUGGHH! I'm gonna shove my load into you whether you like it or not!'

Sorry I couldent resist an Uncle Buck quote :lol:

Welcome to TM1 :P
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death
unclebuck
Regular
Regular

Post by unclebuck »

NightProwler wrote:'Do I have to talk dirty to you? Come on! Open up for daddy! I'm gonna shove a load into you! Here we go! Come on, it's nice and easy. Aaah! Come on, here we go! Ah! Take that! Take that! Come on! You don't want the crowbar, do you? Come on! OPEN UP! UUGGHH! I'm gonna shove my load into you whether you like it or not!'

Sorry I couldent resist an Uncle Buck quote :lol:

Welcome to TM1 :P
10 watts of load up it's arse! :lol: Ty for the welcome. :D