CTS and DC?

General scanning discussion forum. Talk about anything to do with scanners, equipment, VHF/UHF reception and the art of catching those illusive signals!
JCastle
Regular
Regular

CTS and DC?

Post by JCastle »

hi there, can anyone give a newbie a brief explanation on what these are and what they do please? ive got one frequency that sounds like a taxi firm useing two cts 's because there definatly making sence when talking to each other... sort of thing.

:)

thanks for your time. James.
Guzzy
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 26TM002

Re: CTS and DC?

Post by Guzzy »

Have a read here: CTCSS
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

As a listener I wouldn't worry too much about CTCSS and DCS.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
JCastle
Regular
Regular

Post by JCastle »

thankyou for the information from Wiki, hehe trust me what am i like, i never thought of looking on there for this kind of information. Thanks again.

Ive found a frequency 82.3750 that has two ct on it, and the way the chatter is, it sounds like theres two different users on the frequency (im starting to learn about it now, thanks for the info from wiki), i think one of them is DG Taxi's but im unsure about the other one, should i pick the one i think i know the id too? The Fastlane taxi frequency also users two different ones but its definatly the same people talking and responding to each other; stayed up half the night listening to make sure.

ta again. J.