Anyone worked out how to download free Butel software?

Here you can discuss Datamodes for all bands (PSK31, FT8, JS8Call, etc), Software Defined Radio topics & General Radio Software or apps
g0slq
Top Poster
Top Poster

Anyone worked out how to download free Butel software?

Post by g0slq »

I've tried to for the BCT-15 - I know it is available as the guy from Midlandukscanner, or ukmidlandscanner has it.

Anyone?
G0SLQ website
Icom IC-7100 + two patchleads and a broken PL
fez
Veteran
Veteran

RE: Anyone worked out how to download free Butel software?

Post by fez »

Umm you get a 30 day full working software trial but after that you cant upload data to your scanner. If you mean cracking it I am unaware of it been done.
g0slq
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by g0slq »

DId you use this trial Fez? - I don't mind paying for the full version, but I just want to know if it is worthwhile - I assume it is, and even on a 30 day trial I can at least programme the scanner as it is a devil to programme compared to most other scanners - certainly any I have owned.

Beautiful scanner, lovely sound etc. very slow to programme.

Was the free trial software what you used to programme yours FEZ?
G0SLQ website
Icom IC-7100 + two patchleads and a broken PL
fez
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fez »

Yea i did use it. its much better than the crap uniden give you for free, So easy to add freqs you can even import them from the proma online database through a excel sheet.

I have used my trial on my main pc and when i ever need to do any more big programming I will put it on my laptop until I can afford the software for both my scanners.
A tip when using the trial you can only upload x amount of systems but after it says that and unticks a few of them it will start uploading and then you can just tick them back. :twisted:
winnie
Regular
Regular

Post by winnie »

can anyone tell me where to get the trial version

cheers
fez
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fez »

No point getting the trial version as you can get software 100% free from http://www.bctool.org/ but if its a scanner thats not compatible with it then www.butel.nl
winnie
Regular
Regular

Post by winnie »

thanx for that