Any FT70de users here?

Use this section to discuss Digital Amateur Radio operations, such as D-Star and other digitally-encoded traffic
2j4ez
Regular
Regular

Any FT70de users here?

Post by 2j4ez »

Hello all,

At my QTH I can't get any digital signals off my MD380. If I walk up the road a bit DMR comes in.
Ive just got my self a yaesu ft 70de I've programmed a local fusion repeater and put in my call sign in to the radio.
I can here chat on the local fusion repeater from my QTH but if a call in I get nothing back.
I try it every day and still get nothing the local repeater is only about 3 miles from my QTH .
Even tried from a few different locations and still nothing. maybe no one wants to talk to me

Where am I going wrong?

Any help would be great

Thanks
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Re: Any FT70de users here?

Post by Admiral »

Try using TG 9990 to see if you get a reply.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
Auldgeek
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: GM0BRJ

Post by Auldgeek »

2j4ez wrote: 23 Oct 2017, 20:10 Hello all,

At my QTH I can't get any digital signals off my MD380. If I walk up the road a bit DMR comes in.
Ive just got my self a yaesu ft 70de I've programmed a local fusion repeater and put in my call sign in to the radio.
I can here chat on the local fusion repeater from my QTH but if a call in I get nothing back.
I try it every day and still get nothing the local repeater is only about 3 miles from my QTH .
Even tried from a few different locations and still nothing. maybe no one wants to talk to me

Where am I going wrong?

Any help would be great

Thanks
Do you know if the fusion repeater operates in Auto Mode (AMS)? I.E both analogue and digital. If so, you can program your radio with the normal offset and ctcss tone in FM. You can then attempt to access it that way as an initial test, then switch your radio to digital mode and try accessing it thereafter.
Auldgeek - Drew

Winner of IBTL Autumn 23 Edition
I've changed radios so many times, I've forgotten what I have :think:
jp88
Regular
Regular

Post by jp88 »

Hi Can anyone tell me if you need to put in a callsign to just listen to system fusion repeaters..... many thanx