Has AWY Been Kidnapped?

Use this section to discuss Digital Amateur Radio operations, such as D-Star and other digitally-encoded traffic
sierra_za
Regular
Regular

Re: Has AWY Been Kidnapped?

Post by sierra_za »

There are still several uncertainties as BM is starting to suffer some issues as did Phoenix, one being TG235 being used for natters. Seems that M0AUT has been playing with options and it seems that between a few fiddly keepers they want to make all the talk groups user activated apart from TG9 on both slots. Having regional talk group is now making BM a potential disaster especially on the same slot as the reflectors.
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

Locally we are now getting away from the repeater and doing our own thing via simplex, the DMR repeater circus is getting a bit too silly for our liking, and with a white stick we can get reasonable contacts at about 15 miles with the 380 and similar. I'm now looking for a 25-50w mobile set so as I can all but do away with the repeater.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Post by MrWeetabix »

The whole thing just sounds like a massive farce. What a brilliant recruiting tool to get new people on-board :-/
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
LeakyFeeder
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by LeakyFeeder »

Well my local DMR box and several analogue boxes have been switched off due to abuse being thrown at the repeater keeper...
Reading the nonsense on FaceFarce there appears to be just three mouth pieces doling out the abuse... One is a full G from Sharlston nr Wakefield..he appears to.be the senior gobsh-te......one a ferret faced, mickey mouse call sign from Bradistan BD4/10? and the other runs a shop... not sure if he is licenced or jus jumping on the repeater keeper bashing bandwagon...

If im honest i no longer give a rats ass about DMR and all.its waltish posturing by the trio of weazles...What does pi$$ me royally is that my local analogue boxes have been pulled in the fallout the above three have caused...
At the mo i feel like waiting for the senior gobsh-te when i know hes on his way home and me an him having a 'chat'.... Cant imagine him being quite so forthcoming with the comments then eh
These three are waaaaay out of control n need pruning
JohnB57
Call Sign: G0SJB

Post by JohnB57 »

LeakyFeeder wrote:Well my local DMR box and several analogue boxes have been switched off due to abuse being thrown at the repeater keeper...
Reading the nonsense on FaceFarce there appears to be just three mouth pieces doling out the abuse... One is a full G from Sharlston nr Wakefield..he appears to.be the senior gobsh-te......one a ferret faced, mickey mouse call sign from Bradistan BD4/10? and the other runs a shop... not sure if he is licenced or jus jumping on the repeater keeper bashing bandwagon...

If im honest i no longer give a rats ass about DMR and all.its waltish posturing by the trio of weazles...What does pi$$ me royally is that my local analogue boxes have been pulled in the fallout the above three have caused...
At the mo i feel like waiting for the senior gobsh-te when i know hes on his way home and me an him having a 'chat'.... Cant imagine him being quite so forthcoming with the comments then eh
These three are waaaaay out of control n need pruning
All three are licensed, one of them for many years.

This is nothing to do with DMR as such, it's just an excuse for them to revisit their childhoods. Quite pathetic, incredibly disrespectful to the whole ham community and, if you are running a business selling radios, a bit of a potential own goal. People need to vote with their feet and avoid these characters.
sierra_za
Regular
Regular

Post by sierra_za »

Quiet a mix of call signs involved (to name a few)
* Karl YPQ who's now p!ssed off the trustee's of GB7HX as well
* Colin CJC who seems to be threatening everyone that shows him up
* Adam LXA, ex owner of HamDMR (amateur vendor)

Well done to them for ruining the hobby for many digital and analogue repeater users. Unfortunately Karl and Adam are admins for the "DMR in the UK" FB Group which does not look good. Their PR skills and method of running that group are far from desirable. Adam has been seen stating on a few occasions about the messy posts - if you don't like it, report it to Facebook. Why be an admin then? He turns a blind eye to the other two terrorising anyone with objections to their behaviour and seems to enjoy it all.
BK
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by BK »

sierra_za wrote:Unfortunately Karl and Adam are admins for the "DMR in the UK" FB Group
Do you need a facebook account to see this page, I can't seem to find it using google?
cubwolf
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: M3CBY

Post by cubwolf »

BK
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by BK »

Ah, that takes me to a login page so I guess you do need an account.
GeeFull
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by GeeFull »

BK wrote:
Ah, that takes me to a login page so I guess you do need an account.
Well I do have a facebook account, and just had a quick scan through some of the posts on there.
I have never looked before, as I have no interest in DMR, nor any equipment to even try it.
But trust me you ain't missing nothing "face book group wise" from the crap I have just been reading!
Its like channel 19 on a bad day, maybe minus the worst bad swearing.
Like a bunch of school kids squabbling, "its my ball and I'm going home".
If that's what DMR is all about, glad I don't bother!
Or maybe its just facebook doing what it seems to do best?
LeakyFeeder
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by LeakyFeeder »

The Three Stooges

Yes seen em all give it large with the mouth.... YPQ has always fancied himself as a bit of a macho action man...jus look at his FB page! Some of the crap hes spouted on YW over the years is laughable an everytime i drive past his place in.Sharlston the smell of ripe bullsh-t is over powering..
That Mickey Mouse3 call is all wind n.pi$$ with his non stop Yorkshire Terrier yap an small man syndrome...and as for poor Adam...well i get the feeling he darnt go against the other two halfwits... If youve ever met Adam u wud see is a tad drippy tbh...

Ive got an idea once local DMR is bk on at least two of em wont be allowed access to.the BM network...
k40
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 26TM788

Post by k40 »

And at least one of them is a member on here
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

I really don't understand how or why it has come to this so quickly.

I guess it's never healthy when the tail starts to wag the dog, and I don't understand why people who have clearly fallen out of love with the hobby chose to cause mayhem, if a fisherman gets fed up with their hobby then they will pack the gear away in the garage until the bug bites them again, they won't stand on the bank throwing rocks in to ruin it for everyone else.

It wouldn't trouble me in the slightest, and maybe would please me if my local repeater pulled the www plug and TG1 and TG235 went poof, just have slot1 and slot2 for local chit-chat.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
JohnB57
Call Sign: G0SJB

Post by JohnB57 »

For information, this letter has been sent on behalf of the group repeater keeper to local club and society members.

As others have mentioned, it's very sad when a tiny group of individuals deliberately spoil things for everyone else. Attention seeking at its worst.
LeakyFeeder
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by LeakyFeeder »

Ive already got rid of my Moto DMR kit...kept the MD380 though as its easy to use n works a treat on UHF freqs i have access to...

I think the way forward is to deny use of DMR to the Three Stooges...let em rant an yap on analogue n FB where everyone can see em for what they really are... :wave: