DMR changes all tgs user activated on slot 1 thoughts?

Use this section to discuss Digital Amateur Radio operations, such as D-Star and other digitally-encoded traffic
Dodgey Dave
Regular
Regular

DMR changes all tgs user activated on slot 1 thoughts?

Post by Dodgey Dave »

As of tonight at midnight all talkgroups on time slot 1 go user activated..
In my opinion a load of rubbish a network run by a bunch of nobody's who want to limit qso's or activity as to make it there own network as nobody will want to use it in the end... Your scan function is now useless and pointless even monitoring anything unless you key up activate the talkgroup to listen. Your not even forced to hear anyone.. 

Another mode/network ruined by numptys with abit of power that's gone to there head haha
LeakyFeeder
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: DMR changes all tgs user activated on slot 1 thoughts?

Post by LeakyFeeder »

Tbh im not anoracked up on DMR even though ive got three DMR sets.. I simply put a call out n then natter on a TG...
Tbh ive had me fill of DMR MARC lording it over the UK network...
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

In my opinion these dictators are going to create anarchy (which ironically is what they claim to be in business to avoid, because we are incapable of thinking for ourselves), and the laughing policeman brigade may come out of retirement and trash the whole network, which would be funny and a shame in equal proportions.

I imagine they've all been to Timpsons and had a gold badge engraved with their callsign and 'DMR MARC COORDINATOR' on it.

I have enough fun going on with my cheap DMR handies, DMR MARC is just a sideshow now I've used it for a month, it was fun for a few days, but it's lost it's gloss already for me.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
pete_uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by pete_uk »

The biggest problem for me is that fact that the 'calling' channels are user activated..

Whats the bloody point in that? You put a call out on UK TG235 and now only people who randomly key up a repeater will hear it. {bnghd}

Maybe all these talk groups are just to much for two repeater channels? Maybe just Local (no network) regional (group of local repeaters) and UK wide 1 & 2 is all thats needed?

:shifty:
pete_uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by pete_uk »

Changes cancelled.

Make a brew someone :)
Admiral
Legend
Legend

Post by Admiral »

pete_uk wrote: Maybe all these talk groups are just to much for two repeater channels? Maybe just Local (no network) regional (group of local repeaters) and UK wide 1 & 2 is all thats needed?
That my friend is the most sensible thing I've seen for a while, keep a local repeater local, and if you want to talk to the rest of the country/world, use some flavour of Echolink or other VoiP.
Dodgey Dave
Regular
Regular

Post by Dodgey Dave »

It seems the changes have been cancelled...
For what reason nobody knows.
It seems these people who run the dmr Marc network hide behind a cc3.net website and think that they are somewhat important people?
I thought the point of amateur radio was to make the contact and create activity or am I missing something here....
After all there is nowhere in my licence stating any rules for the dmr network so I'm not breaking any licence conditions by my understanding 235 is for a UK contact hence it being called UK wide....
Glad the changes haven't taken place.....
It's about time these people listened to the user's rather than making there own rules???
Admiral
Legend
Legend

Post by Admiral »

Something odd is occurring today, I can use TG1 and TG235, but TG80 and TG81 have gone puff on my local repeater.

I imagine the gestapo are having a conference chat on their encrypted DMR as we speak.

Just a thought, if a company or institution own, or pay the rent on all the handsets on a DMR network, then they can stun or kill a set belonging to them, if someone 'kills' my personal radio on a DMR MARC system can I file a charge of criminal damage?
Dodgey Dave
Regular
Regular

Post by Dodgey Dave »

Hey Admiral I can't see that happening.. haha
It's there radios that want killing not the user's after all without any users on the system there wouldn't be one.
Tonight's net should be even more fun than usual along with the all important net controller loving the sound of his own voice and sarcastic comments I'm sure plenty will be discussed about the why, if and buts....
{bnghd}
Admiral
Legend
Legend

Post by Admiral »

"Please QSY (that always makes me laugh as they're on the same frequency) off of TG235 after 2 minutes, except us because we're going to hog it for 2 hours talking bullshit in the name of the weekly net". One rule for you, one rule for us.
Admiral
Legend
Legend

Post by Admiral »

I find it very hard to contain my bladder when a Dutch station pops up on TG1 and the Brit goes all Steve McClaren, ya, for shure, theare vether ish fine herar for zis time ofsh der yearer.
WhiteNoisePoetry

Post by WhiteNoisePoetry »

Admiral wrote:2 hours talking bullshit in the name of the weekly net"
Awww sh!t. You mean it's a digital version of 80m.
Is there a talk group for the hemorrhoids and walking stick nets ?

73 de WNP
Admiral
Legend
Legend

Post by Admiral »

Mate, I'm listening to it now, it's like sitting in a dentists chair.
LeakyFeeder
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by LeakyFeeder »

Admiral wrote:"Please QSY (that always makes me laugh as they're on the same frequency) off of TG235 after 2 minutes, except us because we're going to hog it for 2 hours talking bullshit in the name of the weekly net". One rule for you, one rule for us.
That monday night farce run by the M3 Walter Mitty...

The tit from Telford!!!
Admiral
Legend
Legend

Post by Admiral »

One would have thought that these VIPs would know that although they are yacking on TG235, it takes out the whole of timeslot1 on all UK repeaters, díckheads.

Yeah, nice one M3AWI, the discussion is about TG abuse and you have caused the biggest outage of the week with your drivel.

Irony on steroids.